Italy trip | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Italy trip

The Orange will depart Syracuse on Saturday, August 10, and return to campus on Tuesday, August 20. The NCAA allows programs 10 practice sessions prior to foreign travel during the offseason. Syracuse team members will likely convene at the beginning of August.

The slate of exhibition games includes:
  • August 12: vs. Italian Select Team in Vedano Olona
  • August 14: vs. Italian Select Team in Vincenza
  • August 17: vs. Italian Select Team in Siena
  • August 18: vs. Italian Select Team in Rome
Vedano Olona is up in the Lombardy region of Italy, near the foothills of the Alps. It is about 8 miles from Lake Como. My guess is that it is the nearest decent basketball arena from Lake Como. When they are up there, they will only be a couple of miles from Switzerland.

Vincenza is about 25 miles west of Venice. They will probably play there on their way to Venice.

Siena is about 25 miles south of Florence. They will probably play there after staying in Florence, on their way to Rome.

My guess is that they are flying into Milan, heading north to Lake Como, then going southeast to Vincenza/Venice, then south to Florence/Siena, and the further south to Rome, where they will fly back from.

Looks like a great road trip. I hope everyone likes Italian as much as JB does.

The Orange will depart Syracuse on Saturday, August 10, and return to campus on Tuesday, August 20. The NCAA allows programs 10 practice sessions prior to foreign travel during the offseason. Syracuse team members will likely convene at the beginning of August.

The slate of exhibition games includes:
  • August 12: vs. Italian Select Team in Vedano Olona
  • August 14: vs. Italian Select Team in Vincenza
  • August 17: vs. Italian Select Team in Siena
  • August 18: vs. Italian Select Team in Rome

So, is the Italian Select Team kinda like their version of the Washington Generals? ;)

Will we see JGIII dump a bucket of confetti on an unsuspecting fan? :p

Unfortunately I don't see any TV reaching me where I live even if there is some coverage for you local Syracuse residents. It would be fine if ESPN would carry them, but I really don't see that happening. Anyone know if the radio crew will be there? The time difference could make it awkward for watching/listening as well.

Anyone know if the PS plans on covering these games someway? Going out on a limb and saying they aren't sending Mike Waters to Europe.

I'm sure these questions have been answered, but when can the team begin to practice for the trip? When do they leave. Has Guerrier been cleared the NCAA clearing house to play and does he have the Canadian vias to travel abroad? Thxs

Pretty sure they get 10 practices PRIOR to leaving for Italy. I would assume all scholly players are cleared to go.

Few more pics then the twitter post...man this stuff pumps me up! Cant wait to see the new blood. Jesse Edwards looking longgg in the middle of that zone! Goodine getting above the rim and talk about lights out shooters at the top of the zone with buddy/jg3.

After looking at the pictures I gotta ask: is Marek going to practice or is he just meeting us in Italy? Doesn’t seem like he’s back on campus and I know he had that injury that prevented him from playing for his national team. Any updated info?

After looking at the pictures I gotta ask: is Marek going to practice or is he just meeting us in Italy? Doesn’t seem like he’s back on campus and I know he had that injury that prevented him from playing for his national team. Any updated info?
I believe he is still recovering. I recall JB saying that he should be healthy "in time to join us", but we're still 3 1/2 weeks from departure.

Hope they are prepared for little to no ac on in restaurants and other places . And no ice for your drinks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom