It's amazing to think we could actually be 7-0 right now... | Syracusefan.com

It's amazing to think we could actually be 7-0 right now...

Rocco

Watching you.
We have been in every game this year. At 4-3, with a brutal loss to MTSU in there, I'm so proud of this team and these coaches. We have to get to 6 wins, but I think we could realistically get to 7 or 8.

Last night was frigging epic. I paid for it this morning, but every ounce of fizz was worth it!

SO PROUD.

We have been in every game this year. At 4-3, with a brutal loss to MTSU in there, I'm so proud of this team and these coaches. We have to get to 6 wins, but I think we could realistically get to 7 or 8.

Last night was frigging epic. I paid for it this morning, but every ounce of fizz was worth it!

SO PROUD.
Amen bro, hurting bad the morning. The most awesome thing though was seeing my 9 and 12 year old kids going as nuts as I was!

Just to play devil’s advocate, we could also be 2-5 right now...

4400a994c7bf30889c2d0ab7342bef5d37d07ce167c30ff1355ed300543ec1d6.jpg

Said that after LSU we could be undeafeated and took heat for it. Think we could be 6-1 for sure.

SO PROUD.
I am still hitting it hard

It just shows that learning how to win is actually a thing... just like everything else, winning is hard until you do it. Once you do it you know what it takes to do it over and over again. I'm not saying we are going to win every game from here on what but I would hope to see that same level of effort every game.

MTSU loss is brutal right now. 5-2 with only 2 losses being close, on the road, vs LSU and NCST would be one hell of an accomplishment in year 2.

I have no doubt if we played MTSU next week (and MTSU was healthy, I know they are banged up now) we wipe the field with them. Probably something like 41-14. It's really too bad they let Shafer get in their heads.

As for the ACC...Well we have 2nd place in the division all to ourselves.

MTSU loss is brutal right now. 5-2 with only 2 losses being close, on the road, vs LSU and NCST would be one hell of an accomplishment in year 2.

I have no doubt if we played MTSU next week (and MTSU was healthy, I know they are banged up now) we wipe the field with them. Probably something like 41-14. It's really too bad they let Shafer get in their heads.

If we win out and Clemson beats NC State then we win the division and play in the conference championship game! How is that for devil's advocate! I know that's highly unlikely, but still possible.

If we win out and Clemson beats NC State then we win the division and play in the conference championship game! How is that for devil's advocate! I know that's highly unlikely, but still possible.

Maybe unlikely but I don’t think the chances that could happen are that crazy

Evidence now exists to support this belief.

If we win next weekend in Miami, woah. We'll be getting plenty of Top 25 votes with possibly a chance to sneak in during the bye week if enough people lose. The tale of two cities.

Why is that? (What's the tie-breaker?)

If we were 5-2 at this point with beating Clemson but losing at NCSt and LSU, I bet we would be in the 26-30 receiving votes category in the AP Poll. This is what makes the MTSU loss hurt more now. But what is, is. Just focus on going at least 3-2 down the stretch and get to a decent bowl and win that game.

Cheers,
Neil

I think that speaks volumes in regards to how a good coach can change everything. There isn't a ton separating these teams other than they are bigger than us at the very top and we haven't even begun recruits like we can yet

Was MTSU a one off or do we play them again in the future? That ones not sitting right with me.

I want to hang 60 on that stogie sucking steakhead and his punk ass nobody team.
That about sums it up for me also.

Why is that? (What's the tie-breaker?)
It would come down to tiebreakers, where we might lose out because the last tiebreaker is BCS standings. We may not pass either of those teams in the BCS standings even if we win out. Though given our strength of schedule remaining we would have wins @ Miami, @ FSU, @ Louisville, and home against BC and WFU on top of the win against Clemson so I would think that we would climb significantly in the rankings.

Assuming we win out, NC State only loses to Clemson, and Clemson wins out, all 3 teams would have a 7-1 conference record. SU lost to NC State, NC State lost to Clemson, Clemson lost to SU.

If we manage to win out then hopefully NC State loses 2 games in conference, then we would only need to win the tie breaker against Clemson (which we already have currently because of the head to head win).

we only control what we do.. if we win out thats more than any wildest dream of a season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom