It's been over 5 hours and the school | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

It's been over 5 hours and the school

The hold up, has zero to do with giving Hop his due. Read Hops statement on the Washington athletic site. He mentions JB. And no one else at Syracuse.

I think you're reading too much into it.

also maybe trying to plug other holes in the boat; e.g., negotiate new deal w/ Red so Hop doesn't take him with him
Or maybe they are renegotiating with Hop and JAB. Anything might be possible at this time. Not sure anyone really knows what is going on behind the scene right now, but I am sure the phone lines are burning up.

The hold up, has zero to do with giving Hop his due. Read Hops statement on the Washington athletic site. He mentions JB. And no one else at Syracuse.
If I am reading your mind as you read between the lines--Could Hop have been told that the succession plan had been changed, or at least was being reconsidered? Maybe the current administration is not enamored with what the previous suits had put into place, and JB does not have the clout to guarantee the Hop agreement.

All speculation, of course. But until we know more, everybody can guess. And, we may never know more.

Maybe trying to write how JB can't envision staying without his right hand man. Both HC and HCIW leaving on the same day? Or working on a replacement for one or both and want to announce it all at once.

Or there was a big fight between Autry and GMac on who's getting the 2nd seat.

If I am reading your mind as you read between the lines--Could Hop have been told that the succession plan had been changed, or at least was being reconsidered? Maybe the current administration is not enamored with what the previous suits had put into place, and JB does not have the clout to guarantee the Hop agreement.

All speculation, of course. But until we know more, everybody can guess. And, we may never know more.
No. my take is that Hop was going to be the next coach. But his job security in that role wouldn't have been good.

Wildhack is actually in Louisville seeing if the Rick remembers.

tenor.gif

maybe with all our problems with ncaa were doing a solid and not announcing on game day for men

Unless you're Washington.

Well yeah they the hired a coach. Syracuse doesn't have to say anything until they're ready and not issuing a press release today is no big whoop.

well, we disagree and the national media disagrees as well. the HCIW bolted rather than wait one year. That is a big story that merits a statement. Monday or Tuesday? And if all they come out with is we wish Hop the best, and that might be it, that can be done from home by your S.I.D. Syracuse had sporting events today. People were in the Athletic departments sports information department.

This is college sports it's not that big a story to warrant that kind of response in a short turnaround time

And I am sure a statement will come. It's Sunday I'm sure everyone is home with their family. It's not like somebody died here or the program doesn't have a head coach at this moment.This isn't politics or the national security and this isn't some major crisis either, it's a college basketball program. A statement can be issued Monday or Tuesday and it's fine. I am not even sure a statement other than "we wish Mike Hopkins well on all of his future endeavors" is really needed. He's an assistant coach who left. It's not that big of a deal.
I guess a statement was needed. Someone did come in to work on a Sunday . The University knew that they had to respond.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom