Its going to be a really interesting week for the QBs | Syracusefan.com

Its going to be a really interesting week for the QBs

RF2044

Living Legend
Will be interesting to see if we get any separation this week from one of the top two candidates.

Less than two weeks!

Will be interesting to see if we get any separation this week from one or the other cadidate.

Less than two weeks!

My guess is Allen wins the job and the battle next year is between Kimble and Wilson.

with every 'passing' day, i suspect 1 guy keeps getting better as he gets more comfortable with the system...

Tend to agree. But I couldn't care less which one of them emerges--just so long as one of them does.

Need to get back to a bowl this year.

My guess is Allen wins the job and the battle next year is between Kimble and Wilson.

I'm thinking along similar lines, but I think AJ Long will be in the mix.

with every 'passing' day, i suspect 1 guy keeps getting better as he gets more comfortable with the system...

I see what you did there.

And I agree.

My guess is we know on Monday. I don't think HNHCSS waits game day. So this is the week that decides the fortunes for thee young men for the near term at least. May the best QB win. And may the next guy be ready to step in at any second.

I think it's Allen. And if he goes down, we're in great shape.

I think Hunt wins out next two seasons. Then - Kimble, Wilson or Long. Hoping for Long. Kid bleeds orange.

Hearing Allen is in driver's seat fwiw.

I like Hunt a lot - I think he could be a two-year starter for us. But I think the staff understands that we need to win this year and Allen will absolutely give us the best chance to do so.

I would compare Hunt to RJ Anderson at this stage - won't make the big mistakes to lose games but won't make tons of big ones to win ones either. Doesn't mean he won't get better and can't win games down the road. That's just how I see him at this stage in his development curve.

Allen can win games now IMO.

My guess is we know on Monday. I don't think HNHCSS waits game day. So this is the week that decides the fortunes for thee young men for the near term at least. May the best QB win. And may the next guy be ready to step in at any second.
i would imagine and hope so, its for the betterment of the team to know who the guy is.

its being advertised heavily on the Fan here, and i would imagine interviews are coming next week with coaches and/or players, and i dont want the 1st to be 'so, whos going to start at QB on Sat?'

give the illusion that its neck & neck, that either 1 can win games for you, then you go with Allen.

whoops, did i say that out loud??.....

I'm thinking along similar lines, but I think AJ Long will be in the mix.

Isn't Long being moved to another position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't Hunt a Junior this year? Or is he a Redshirt Soph?

Isn't Long being moved to another position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, he's going into his senior year of high school and only weighs 180 lbs. No chance he ever gains any weight.

Hearing Allen is in driver's seat fwiw.
He was there as soon as he was recruited. You don't recruit the kid if your quarterback of the near future is on the roster

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I dont think the coaches really wanted to go into the season with a FR as the backup so maybe that was the issue as much as who the starter might be

He was there as soon as he was recruited. You don't recruit the kid if your quarterback of the near future is on the roster

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

By going after Drew Allen showed us that the coaches weren't completely comfortable with either Hunt or Loeb. However, he did not "inherit" the starting nod by simply transferring here. At this point, both Hunt and Allen are pretty big downgrades from what we had last year in Nassib. Couple that with Pugh, Chibane, Lemon and Sales all gone and it creates a huge question mark across the board. Drew Allen will likely win the starting job, but it isn't like he has been overly impressive in camp. He has more maturity, shows more pocket poise and patience and lastly, throws a better deep ball which is pivotal for this offense this year. The QB situation can be looked at from two different angles: the 2-man QB comp is so heated and close that we have 2 quality starters on our roster (positive), or it can be looked at as we don't have any separation from either one heading into Aug 31st, which would point to a lack of pure confidence from the coaches (negative). Regardless is that we will have a starter on Day 1 that has never started a collegiate football game and neither have taken any meaningful snaps in a live game setting.

End of the day, do not be surprised to see Hunt take the field this year, but it looks as though Drew will be leading us on the field at MetLife. The double-headed QB monster is not completely out of the equation either IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom