It's kinda cool | Syracusefan.com

It's kinda cool

That we've got a QB throwing for 400 yards and I don't even think he's playing very well.

I agree with you, I thought ED was off sync, but hey he was off sync enough to help get the win !!!!!

That we torched a legit D; but we also gave up 425 total yards to a horrific O...

That we've got a QB throwing for 400 yards and I don't even think he's playing very well.

Just wait until the offense clicks with the players. We will complain about ONLY 400 yards passing.

This offense works and it will only get better.

With all the injuries, will it get better this season?
It seems like the injuries are devastating consistency and effectiveness. Yeah, I know every team has hard injuries so I'm not saying that SU's situation is dramatically worse than other teams.
I hope it gets better and the false starts disappear but it seems like difficult circumstances for the team to improve.

Dungey hasn't played a good game in its entirety all season.

Here and there he'll look like a Heisman candidate, and then he'll lay a dud for two or three straight possessions. It's sort of strange.

At some point in the 2nd half today I was hoping to see Mahoney. But then Dungey began to put his body into his throws with good results so I was glad to see him pick it up at the end.

It's all about consistency with Dungey. Maybe some of it is still understanding the offense.

Today was a strange game for Dungey. Maybe it was the offensive game plan -- we looked to go vertical deep, and mostly eschewed the short completions that he's been so good at most of the year.

Missed a big throw to Erv deep that should have been a TD. Ish stumbled on another deep ball that should of been a TD. We are getting better. Any victory against UConn in any sport is a great day.

I'm speaking only for myself here - Dungey's passing yardage this season blows away last year's performance. And his accuracy is pretty damn good too.

It seems to me, though, that he's got something is off right now. Like he's dealing with a lingering injury or he's fatigued in the later stages of the game.

I expect him to miss passes; even throw interceptions
Lately he has missed passes that seem like routine passes for him, though.

I like you guys, but Dungey threw for over 400 yds... with no int's...it sounds like he missed throws as well...ummm...you find fault that would remove hin? Why and where? I know I didn't get to watch, but the stats make him look pretty good...
He completed 65% of his passes. The big offensive issue today was the bad run blocking, again. If we had a run game we would have scored a couple of additional touchdowns.

I like you guys, but Dungey threw for over 400 yds... with no int's...it sounds like he missed throws as well...ummm...you find fault that would remove hin? Why and where? I know I didn't get to watch, but the stats make him look pretty good...
I wouldn't put it all on Dungey but it felt like the O as a whole left a lot on the field. I think at times Dungey got way too predictable with Etta-tawa... Having said that if Dungey was more accurate he would have converted those as the plays were there for the taking. I'm more worried about the run game or lack there of. We need to be able to run the bell to get in front of the chains.

Missed a big throw to Erv deep that should have been a TD. Ish stumbled on another deep ball that should of been a TD. We are getting better. Any victory against UConn in any sport is a great day.

Women's hoops, sure. Otherwise, in any other sport it should be considered routine.

He completed 65% of his passes. The big offensive issue today was the bad run blocking, again. If we had a run game we would have scored a couple of additional touchdowns.

Penalties are killing us on offense too IMO.

I'm speaking only for myself here - Dungey's passing yardage this season blows away last year's performance. And his accuracy is pretty damn good too.

It seems to me, though, that he's got something is off right now. Like he's dealing with a lingering injury or he's fatigued in the later stages of the game.

I expect him to miss passes; even throw interceptions
Lately he has missed passes that seem like routine passes for him, though.
I agree . same thing I was thinking

We aren't going to score every possession I don't know what you guys expect. 400+ yards 65% completion percentage with no turnovers and people saying he had a bad game? You guys need to lower your expectations especially in year 1. Especially with ZERO running game

We aren't going to score every possession I don't know what you guys expect. 400+ yards 65% completion percentage with no turnovers and people saying he had a bad game? You guys need to lower your expectations especially in year 1

His stats were great. But - he did miss on some opportunities, and some of those misses were on him.
As well as he played, there was plenty of room for him to do much better.
And I'm sure he'd say the exact same thing if he was asked about it. Definitely left some plays out there.

Just think about that - 65%, 400+ yards, and could have done better. :cool:

His stats were great. But - he did miss on some opportunities, and some of those misses were on him.
As well as he played, there was plenty of room for him to do much better.
And I'm sure he'd say the exact same thing if he was asked about it. Definitely left some plays out there.

Just think about that - 65%, 400+ yards, and could have done better. :cool:

Everyone misses opportunities not just Dungey. Every week teams leave plays out there. These are kids not professionals. 400 yards with over 60% completion 3 TDs and no turnovers is a great day. He will never have a game where he makes every throw. Even professionals miss throws.

Points will come in this offense once the running game gets going.

creatorsgame said:
Kinda cool that we can get a game day thread locked after a win. No fan base can touch us!

It became a personal pissing contest. Plus the games over!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom