"It's not in doubt" | Syracusefan.com

"It's not in doubt"

iommi

Living Legend
That was said repeatedly in the chat room in the second half. I expressed my concern and embarrassment at the way we were playing. You play with fire, you lose to a TERRIBLE opponent.

Some points: We shot about 50% from the FT line in the second half. Unacceptable.

We missed a dozen bunnies at least.

CJ Fair has morphed into a selfish black hole. Yes, he was our leading scorer, but had an awful shooting game and never passes the ball.

Ennis finally looked like a freshman...made several bad mistakes.

We deserved this loss. If we don't get our head screwed on right, Duke will spank us. They are looking for payback and will smell blood.

The magnitude of this loss cannot be underestimated. We may not win the ACC now.

We certainly have some issues.

In match-ups where teams play Cooney tight we need to have CJ hit some shots. Without his mid-range game in those situations we have almost no scoring outside the lane. CJ just not making a lot of good decisions right now.

Where are all the chat room folks who were looking ahead to Duke and saying the game wasn't in doubt when the lead was slipping away?

I honestly thought we would win again .. and it certainly looked like in regulation until Rak's jump hook rolled out at the last second. I'm certainly not going to fall on my sword with a 25-1 record. Really looking forward to playing Duke this Sat.

We certainly have some issues.

In match-ups where teams play Cooney tight we need to have CJ hit some shots. Without his mid-range game in those situations we have almost no scoring outside the lane. CJ just not making a lot of good decisions right now.
CJ forgot about his midrange game that has bailed us out before. He's like almost doing a Hak "windup" going into the lane, and BC was riding him off very well.
The only thing that PO's me about the game is the convo about the Uni's will go on until next year.
Ugh.
Lost a beautiful winning streak on the nite of alternate uni's. What a strange convergence of fortune.
How come I didn't see THAT coming.

Where are all the chat room folks who were looking ahead to Duke and saying the game wasn't in doubt when the lead was slipping away?
Stop it. You are scared like a little girl every game. Like a broken clock that is right twice a game, you are bound to be right once in a while. We were a Rak turnaround away from winning. It's one loss. More are likely. But more wins are likely as well.

Maybe this will bring some of our fans down to Earth. I don't think we'll be seeing many "Great teams win close games. This is a great team" threads again any time soon.

BTW winning the ACC is irrelevant. All that matters is getting to Buffalo and MSG.

Stop it. You are scared like a little girl every game. Like a broken clock that is right twice a game, you are bound to be right once in a while. We were a Rak turnaround away from winning. It's one loss. More are likely. But more wins are likely as well.
Can't believe that didn't go in.

It has nothing to do with being scared or being right or wrong...but for people to say the game wasn't doubt when we were up three with seven minutes left...ugh...

But thanks for the little girl compliment. I doubt you'd say that to me in person. Have a good night, Internet tough guy.

Maybe this will bring some of our fans down to Earth. I don't think we'll be seeing many "Great teams win close games. This is a great team" threads again any time soon.

BTW winning the ACC is irrelevant. All that matters is getting to Buffalo and MSG.
So now, more of the fans will start dropping,
because instead of being all "We got this",
there will now be 40 minutes of sheer white-knuckle terror.

It has nothing to do with being scared or being right or wrong...but for people to say the game wasn't doubt when we were up three with seven minutes left...ugh...

But thanks for the little girl compliment. I doubt you'd say that to me in person. Have a good night, Internet tough guy.
I would. And you would like it. Or at least you better. It's not my fault that game after game there is an issue with you in the chat room. People like you are why I don't go there any more.

Must feel awesome to say "I told you so."

This loss only hurt the small goals. Undefeated season, reg season champs.

1 seed, final four, and nc are all still on the table.

It's all about how they respond.

Must feel awesome to say "I told you so."

This loss feels awful. It's one of our worst ever. And the timing is awful and we are entering a hornet's nest Saturday.

iommi, read your post. Why do you want to scold people because they were confidant. It's not like they didn't have a reason to be. We were 25-0. We were winning every close game we were in. If you aren't going to be confidant than, when would you be? You seem like a good guy that loves the Orange. Just like me. But relax. This isn't the end of the world. Think probation. Think the Fine Mess. This is nothing.

I forget how much I depise BC. Not really , they played hard tonight, they deserve to win.
Just BC always had a habit, especially in the Craig Smith/ Dudley era of sticking their thumb in our eyes.
Michael Adams, Dwan Chandler. OK I got a rivalry now in this conference. Didn't think it would be these guys.

I've thought for a couple weeks that CJ has senior year Kris Joseph disease - frequently unable to dribble in halfcourt w/out bouncing off his leg or something. To be fair there was less of that tonight. The inexplicable airballs I just don't know.
I was so afraid late when CJ had the ball at the high post. I could see a dribble off his foot for a breakaway layup ending the game.

This loss feels awful. It's one of our worst ever. And the timing is awful and we are entering a hornet's nest Saturday.

I wish I listened to everyone here who said we suck so I wouldn't be surprised.

Actually feel bad for my original post in this thread because I don't think anyone in this thread is excited when we lose. But I'm sure the "I told you we sucked!" bandits will be out in force soon enough.

Honestly thought we would win until the last few seconds. Might be the worst loss in recent history. Only ones I can think of being were were Vermont and that 30+ point thrashing at DePaul in 06. @ Georgetown last year was horrible too.

Lets see how we respond. I still have faith that we somehow beat Duke,

iommi, read your post. Why do you want to scold people because they were confidant. It's not like they didn't have a reason to be. We were 25-0. We were winning every close game we were in. If you aren't going to be confidant than, when would you be? You seem like a good guy that loves the Orange. Just like me. But relax. This isn't the end of the world. Think probation. Think the Fine Mess. This is nothing.

I hear you but my point was simply that it was frustrating that people thought the game was over up THREE. I'm upset because we have no room for error to win the ACC. UVA has nothing but cupcakes outside of our game? Will they trip up like we did.

I'm a passionate guy and have no issues with you...the little girl comment was unnecessary. Believe me, I've been through a lot worse than this game recently and have been far from a little girl.

This was a terrible performance and it's hard to sugar coat it.