"It's not in doubt" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"It's not in doubt"

I wish I listened to everyone here who said we suck so I wouldn't be surprised.

Actually feel bad for my original post in this thread because I don't think anyone in this thread is excited when we lose. But I'm sure the "I told you we sucked!" bandits will be out in force soon enough.

Honestly thought we would win until the last few seconds. Might be the worst loss in recent history. Only ones I can think of being were were Vermont and that 30+ point thrashing at DePaul in 06. @ Georgetown last year was horrible too.

Lets see how we respond. I still have faith that we somehow beat Duke,

Yeah, my point wasn't I told you so, it was respect your opponent. To say the outcome isn't in doubt up three with seven minutes left is laughable.

Yeah, my point wasn't I told you so, it was respect your opponent. To say the outcome isn't in doubt up three with seven minutes left is laughable.

Hard to respect a 6-19 team. It's almost funny.

Hard to respect a 6-19 team. It's almost funny.

When you're only up three down the stretch, it might be a good idea to take the game and your opponent seriously.

If the SU team that's played the last three games shows up in Cameron on Saturday, Duke is going to win by 30.
Over the years I have seen it both ways. One way is for us to come out like we are shot out of a cannon and really look sharp. No connection at all to recent history.
Or we can continue a slide (if you call 1 game a slide.)
We really have played to the level of our opponent. Pretty much every games.
There is no math equation that shows you how much winning and staying in close games is worth.
That's the Xfactor in rating us.

Iommi no offense, you are a good poster, but your going crazy right now. How you play in February doesn't correlate how you will play in March.

When the second best assist average assist total on the team is 1.4, you have a problem, Donte averaged 2.0 assists per game. That is one of the problems with this team, except for Ennis, everyone's mindset is do it themselves. We've been spoiled having combo guards like Triche, Rautins, Scoop, Dion, Devo, who could score, handle, and pass the ball for easy baskets, this year we don't have anyone like that.

Iommi no offense, you are a good poster, but your going crazy right now. How you play in February doesn't correlate how you will play in March.

Tell me where I'm going crazy. What do you disagree with?

When the second best assist average assist total on the team is 1.4, you have a problem, Donte averaged 2.0 assists per game. That is one of the problems with this team, except for Ennis, everyone's mindset is do it themselves. We've been spoiled having combo guards like Triche, Rautins, Scoop, Dion, Devo, who could score, handle, and pass the ball for easy baskets, this year we don't have anyone like that.
I agree with this... But Dion passed the ball?:confused:

The reality is that SU isn't at all a good team team right now. They have nothing left in the tank and if you can't see that then you're blind. Can't play 6 guys forever and not expect mortal humans to get tired.

I agree with this... But Dion passed the ball?:confused:
Under orangehoops blog stats 1.5 as a freshmen, and 2.5 as a sophomore, better as a 3rd guard then anyone not named Ennis on this team.

Under orangehoops blog stats 1.5 as a freshmen, and 2.5 as a sophomore, better as a 3rd guard then anyone not named Ennis on this team.

Fair enough, but Dion wasn't a guy known for setting up his teammates.

I hear you but my point was simply that it was frustrating that people thought the game was over up THREE. I'm upset because we have no room for error to win the ACC. UVA has nothing but cupcakes outside of our game? Will they trip up like we did.

I'm a passionate guy and have no issues with you...the little girl comment was unnecessary. Believe me, I've been through a lot worse than this game recently and have been far from a little girl.

This was a terrible performance and it's hard to sugar coat it.
Winning the regular season ACC means little. Winning the tournament means far more.

That was said repeatedly in the chat room in the second half. I expressed my concern and embarrassment at the way we were playing. You play with fire, you lose to a TERRIBLE opponent.

Some points: We shot about 50% from the FT line in the second half. Unacceptable.

We missed a dozen bunnies at least.

CJ Fair has morphed into a selfish black hole. Yes, he was our leading scorer, but had an awful shooting game and never passes the ball.

Ennis finally looked like a freshman...made several bad mistakes.

We deserved this loss. If we don't get our head screwed on right, Duke will spank us. They are looking for payback and will smell blood.

The magnitude of this loss cannot be underestimated. We may not win the ACC now.
I have little respect for the guy with no actual skin in the game who says, "I told you so." You said in the first half chat you were (paraphrasing) "bag-over-the-head embarrassed." I'd double-down on how ridiculous it is to be "embarrassed" -- but you admit to it here. If that's the way you feel about a team that brought you 25-0 before then, move on. You are owed nothing.

I bet it correlates more than how you play in December and January.

I have little respect for the guy with no actual skin in the game who says, "I told you so." You said in the first half chat you were (paraphrasing) "bag-over-the-head embarrassed." I'd double-down on how ridiculous it is to be "embarrassed" -- but you admit to it here. If that's the way you feel about a team that brought you 25-0 before then, move on. You are owed nothing.

Fine, I don't need your respect. I also never put my head in the sand. Tonight's game was embarrassing. All you seem to be good at as a poster is denigrating other posters. Are you capable of contributing anything else? No? That's...

Embarrassing.

Go back exactly a year ago today and look how stupid some of us looked by the end of the year. My god it's a bad loss, but if we win Saturday it literally means nothing. A year ago this week we got blown out by Georgetown at the dome and everybody went into meltdown mode on this board. Syracuse has to get its offense going, but it's fixable.

Go back exactly a year ago today and look how stupid some of us looked by the end of the year. My god it's a bad loss, but if we win Saturday it literally means nothing. A year ago this week we got blown out by Georgetown at the dome and everybody went into meltdown mode on this board. Syracuse has to get its offense going, but it's fixable.

I agree. But this team has a ton of work to do and JB knows it and has been saying it for weeks/ months. I hope we find some offense and a bench.

Fine, I don't need your respect. I also never put my head in the sand. Tonight's game was embarrassing. All you seem to be good at as a poster is denigrating other posters. Are you capable of contributing anything else? No? That's...

Embarrassing.
Dude, you're bordering on unhinged. I just took a gander at my last ten posts and didn't see a thing where I denigrated a fellow poster. I know you're undergoing some [expletive] -- and good on you for fighting the good fight -- but if you can make a good case that the only thing I "seem to be good at as a poster is denigrating other posters" -- and I'll let CTO be the judge -- I'll give $1,000 to the Boeheim Foundation.

Dude, you're bordering on unhinged. I just took a gander at my last ten posts and didn't see a thing where I denigrated a fellow poster. I know you're undergoing some [expletive] -- and good on you for fighting the good fight -- but if you can make a good case that the only thing I "seem to be good at as a poster is denigrating other posters" -- and I'll let CTO be the judge -- I'll give $1,000 to the Boeheim Foundation.

This has nothing to do we me undergoing some stuff. You've denigrated me twice in the past couple weeks.

We'll agree to disagree, I don't want to get in a pissing match. I have to think we both want the same thing: For the team to play better and eventually cut down the nets.

Let's just drop this. It's not worth it.

LGO.

This has nothing to do we me undergoing some stuff. You've denigrated me twice in the past couple weeks.

We'll agree to disagree, I don't want to get in a pissing match. I have to think we both want the same thing: For the team to play better and eventually cut down the nets.

Let's just drop this. It's not worth it.

LGO.
Yeah, no, it is kinda about this -- tell me where I denigrated you? The problem with this place in recent months is that people treat it like their personal Facebook page, and it isn't. I just went through the last five pages of my posts and saw two skirmishes -- one where I pushed back on people thinking Tirico called out Veley and one on uniforms. You're going to extremes: "embarrassed" and "denigrated. Back it up or get called out -- I'm here all night.

Yeah, no, it is kinda about this -- tell me where I denigrated you? The problem with this place in recent months is that people treat it like their personal Facebook page, and it isn't. I just went through the last five pages of my posts and saw two skirmishes -- one where I pushed back on people thinking Tirico called out Veley and one on uniforms. You're going to extremes: "embarrassed" and "denigrated. Back it up or get called out -- I'm here all night.
Ha, just read my last exchange with you -- in the Veley thread -- I was definitively right there. Having the better argument isn't "denigration."

Ha, just read my last exchange with you -- in the Veley thread -- I was definitively right there. Having the better argument isn't "denigration."

No clue what thread you're talking about, but like I said, call me out all you want. I'm done with this.

Have a good one.

Just finished watching the game as I had to record it as I was working late. First we should all congratulate BC for what is probably their biggest win in program history. Certainly it is in their top 10. Secondly we all would have taken 25-1 at the start of the season. Heck most of us would have said 27-4 or 26-5 and I'd take my chances. A 25 game win streak to start the season! What a statement. Guts, clutchness, ENTERTAINMENT!, we've had it all. Let's go down and show Duke who is boss and take away the sting of tonight. Hope the team plays with no fear and crushes the Blue Devils, that being said, win, lose, or draw I can not wait for the NCAA tourney. A bad loss for us fir sure, but one heck of a ride before we took it on the chin!