It's now official: Texas A&M | Syracusefan.com

It's now official: Texas A&M

MaxwellCuse

All Conference
begins play in the SEC in 2012.

They are on pins and needles now down in Morgantown. Good luck Mountaineers. Hope they take you.

Alsacs - no one knows what will happen. If FSU or Clemson - only 2 that make any sense - leave for SEC that opens up a potential spot for another BE team. However both FSU or Clemson may be perfectly satisfied staying in ACC for better chance at national championship. It's got to be a team from a much weaker and "unstable" conference like BE or B12 that makes most sense.

I personally hope it is WVU or Missouri. I don't want it to be an ACC team I just telling you a buddy I trust told me that the SEC wasn't targeting WVU or Mizzou, but an ACC school probably Florida State as the 14th team. I hope FSU and Clemson prefer to be in an easier FB conference, and WVU gets the slot.

Well i would prefer them take FSU over Clemson. FSU you can be replaced by USF. USF might not ba a house hlod name but they are a great program also You can give prolly any Florida school an AQ tag and they will be good lol.

Clemson is a more unique school in my opinion and real hard to replace. No other school in that state that i can think of that could replace clemson and bring any attention to the local media. You would have to find the temple/Nova of SC to replace them if thats possible. I hope WVU gets the slot maybe they played well enough last night to get it. LOL did you hear the WVU fans chanting S-E-C last night?

The SEC blogs seem to think they will target FSU or VaTech. Hope that doesn't happen. If FSU were to leave, and they were replaced by UConn ACC football wouldn't be any better than BE football just with a better TV contract.

The SEC blogs seem to think they will target FSU or VaTech. Hope that doesn't happen. If FSU were to leave, and they were replaced by UConn ACC football wouldn't be any better than BE football just with a better TV contract.

If they get FSU, VT or Clemson I hope to God Swofford calls WVU.

VT is hooked to the hip with Virg (just like OU and OSU) - we all know that and SEC ain't takin both.

If SEC takes VT replace with WVU
If they take FSU replace with USF
If they take Clemson umm there is no real good replacement but WVU would seem like a decent replacement

From what I have read, and by no means an expert, Florida is very against FSU going to the SEC. And the SEC wants to branch out to other areas/markets they arent currently in.

The only way I can see VT going to the SEC is if UVA has an invite to the B1G. If the B1G offered as a package UVA, MD, UNC, Duke then the SEC could take VT, NC St, and FSU. The core 4 only care about each other. They hated that they had to add FSU, Miami, VT, BC, SU, and Pitt. I am sure they dislike Clemson as well. If NC St and VT have landing a great landing spot in the SEC, then the core four could join the B1G. We all assume 16 is the end game but 18 makes just as much sense. So the B1g woudl still have two spots for ND and Texas.

This is the nightmare scenario for SU. The ACC would be left with Miami, GA Tech, Clemson, Wake, Pitt, SU, and BC. Which means they would have to add UConn, RU, WV, Louisville, and USF to get back to 12. That is still better then the current BE (TCU/Cincy vs Miami/GA Tech/Clemson/Wake/BC) but it is fr from where we are now. Also it hurts in BBall bigtime vs current BE.

Thank god for the $20 million exit fee or I would be worried.

If SEC takes VT replace with WVU
If they take FSU replace with USF
If they take Clemson umm there is no real good replacement but WVU would seem like a decent replacement
WVU does not have a shot...its perceived academics do not fit the profile...and there are other division 1 teams that do including: UConn, Rutgirls, ND, Missouri, Kansas etc

Well i would prefer them take FSU over Clemson. FSU you can be replaced by USF. USF might not ba a house hlod name but they are a great program also You can give prolly any Florida school an AQ tag and they will be good lol.

Clemson is a more unique school in my opinion and real hard to replace. No other school in that state that i can think of that could replace clemson and bring any attention to the local media. You would have to find the temple/Nova of SC to replace them if thats possible. I hope WVU gets the slot maybe they played well enough last night to get it. LOL did you hear the WVU fans chanting S-E-C last night?

No, you don't want to lose Florida State and replace them with USF. Florida State is a national brand. USF is the 4th best team in their state.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom