It's official: Coleman won't play this year | Syracusefan.com

It's official: Coleman won't play this year

jekelish

Living Legend
Just saw one of the DO guys tweet a quote from Boeheim's ACC conference call, confirming that DaJuan will not play at all this season.

User Actions
FollowJesse Dougherty‏@dougherty_jesse
Boeheim on DaJuan: "He's not going to play this year." And then confirms that he is officially not playing this year.

How many more years of eligibility does DC have left after this year? I honestly have lost track.

Well... If I may speculate... Does that mean there is a post-season ban in our future?

f so let's hope it's this year...

huh? what does this have to do with post season ban?

I was thinking if we are not eligible for post-season this year why waste a year of DaJuan's eligibility for a throw-away half-season...

Well... If I may speculate... Does that mean there is a post-season ban in our future?

f so let's hope it's this year...

Uhh Why?

I was thinking if we are not eligible for post-season this year why waste a year of DaJuan's eligibility for a throw-away half-season...

Red-shirt means this season doesn't count for his eligibility. Therefore by not playing, he isn't wasting anything.

I always pictured DC2 turning into a Lonnie Baxter type of player. He has that type of body that you can't dislodge and with the right post moves hard to defend at the college level. Its a shame he has had all the injuries and I really hope that he can play next season. It would certainly be interesting to see him have a crazy senior season after an injury bounce back next year.

How might this redshirt affect our recruiting of Thomas Bryant?-VBOF
Has no affect, Mccullough is pretty much the factor if we have a scholly for Bryant or not unless the coaching staff asks one of the scholarship players to take on a walk on role for the year.

If Chris stays and Bryant wants to come here I just don't see how it doesn't happen.

orangemass said:
Well... If I may speculate... Does that mean there is a post-season ban in our future? f so let's hope it's this year...

The two aren't related. He needs the extra time. From what I'm hearing, there was real concern he'd never play again. But everyone is now optimistic he will recover completely and will compete to be our starting 5 next year. It's actually really good news.

The two aren't related. He needs the extra time. From what I'm hearing, there was real concern he'd never play again. But everyone is now optimistic he will recover completely and will compete to be our starting 5 next year. It's actually really good news.

That is good news as my worry for him all along as been that he may never play again! Thanks for that info.

Don't know how much of a competition that would be. If Bryant does come here, and also have Daigne to consider.

Especially considering he hasn't played in 2 years.

I think he could be an good asset of the bench as that bruising big post scorer (at the 4 or 5) the opposite of a Baye Keita.

If Chris stays and Bryant wants to come here I just don't see how it doesn't happen.

If that happens is there any chance that Diagne goes the prep route? The only other possibility that jumps out at me is that Obokoh leaves because there would then be potentially four guys in front of him McCullough, Bryant, Diagne and Coleman. His not getting minutes this season with the situation we have at center makes me wonder whether he will ever be able to see the court here.