It's official / NBA talk re: Lydon | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

It's official / NBA talk re: Lydon

Nothing would make me happier than for these guys to stay four years, develop their individual games completely, then go to the pros and not only get a rookie deal, but also a second and third contract in the NBA and make real money and be real pros. And I'd like to be a pimp from Oakland or a cowboy from Arizona, but it's not Halloween. Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.

In all seriousness I hope they both come back, but I'm not investing in it emotionally. Just gonna enjoy the here and now.

Hopefully, Tyler realizes that if he stays his education will be free (won't have to go back and pay for his degree) and he will get better as a player resulting in a better NBA body and higher draft stock which equals a higher salary. Do the math, Tyler. :D

Hopefully, Tyler realizes that if he stays his education will be free (won't have to go back and pay for his degree) and he will get better as a player resulting in a better NBA body and higher draft stock which equals a higher salary. Do the math, Tyler. :D

200.gif

McCullough wants you to know that he's already started cashing those NBA checks, in case you were wondering.

for now. In three years those will be foreign checks for a lot less money. I hope he's smart with that cash.

for now. In three years those will be foreign checks for a lot less money. I hope he's smart with that cash.

People never seem to get this for some reason. The NBA only has so many spots and there's a new crop coming every year, plus guys who used to be in trying to get back in, and guys on the fringes trying to break through. The NBA is not waiting for the Tyler Ennis's and Chris McCulloughs(late 1st rounders) of the world for long. All this, "develop your game while getting paid millions" implies that you've got a lot of time. You don't. Better show something pretty quickly, or you're out and once you're out you probably won't be back. Ask Donte Greene. And hopefully you don't get hurt and have a rap on you because of that. Ask Jonny Flynn - a much higher pick, who the NBA bounced after 3 years.

Nothing would make me happier than for these guys to stay four years, develop their individual games completely, then go to the pros and not only get a rookie deal, but also a second and third contract in the NBA and make real money and be real pros. And I'd like to be a pimp from Oakland or a cowboy from Arizona, but it's not Halloween. Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.

In all seriousness I hope they both come back, but I'm not investing in it emotionally. Just gonna enjoy the here and now.

Only problem with this is quite a few junior and seniors only get one contract as well. If your not set to be an NBA player you will typically get outed within 3 years no matter your class.

Least productive draft picks in last 7 drafts based on minutes played

2014*
1. Josh Huestis (SR)
2. CJ Wilcox (SR)

1. Reggie Bullock (JR) -
2. Archie Goodwin (FR) -

1. Jared Cunningham (JR) -
2. Arnett Moultie (JR Redshit) -

1. Jajuan Johnson (SR) -
2. Nolan Smith (SR)

2010 -
1. Craig Brackins (JR)
2. Daniel Orton (FR)

1. Hasheem Thabeet (JR)
2. Terrence Williams (SR)

1. Joe Alexander - (JR)
2. JR Giddens (SR)

6 Seniors
6 Juniors
2 Freshman

Given that there is usually at least 50% underclassmen in the first round, list seems disproportional.

Only problem with this is quite a few junior and seniors only get one contract as well. If your not set to be an NBA player you will typically get outed within 3 years no matter your class.
Spot on.

Love Lydon and have been so incredibly impressed by him so far. With that said, I dont see how he can contribute on any NBA team for next season. He's far too slow and weak off the dribble. He will have to play the 3/4 and isn't nearly quick or strong enough to be competitive on both ends. But boy does he have a great shooting touch. I hope he stays because I think it would be the smart move on his end.

People act like playing basketball overseas is a bad deal. Can I ask you what you think the typical SU graduate from Child and Family Studies makes?

Of course guys have to be smart, but if you make 100k a year for 10 years (and have no student loan debt) it's not a bad place to be.

I'll probably get blasted for saying this, but I think people are underrating Lydon because of his color.