It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 132 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

Honest question - is this the most active that Phil has been since taking this pseudo-retirement job?

He lucks out into landing Kristaps and now can't handle him skipping an exit interview so he wants to assert his authority?

This seems unfair to me. People thought he was crazy when he took Porzingis but the Knicks had spent a ton of time scouting him.

This seems unfair to me. People thought he was crazy when he took Porzingis but the Knicks had spent a ton of time scouting him.

If you want to say lucked, maybe it would be because they dropped from 2 to 4 in the lotto. If they picked 2 or 3, I am not sure they take KP there

Even if KP isn't traded, what executive goes public trashing the team's two best players, one all year long and the other all offseason long.

It's just crazy and so, so unprofessional.

Yeah, don't think anyone cant dispute that

Even if KP isn't traded, what executive goes public trashing the team's two best players, one all year long and the other all offseason long.

It's just crazy and so, so unprofessional.

The Melo thing isn't as bad, he isn't completely trashing him, and he's trying to get him to waive his no trade clause. (Don't get me wrong, it's still bad)

With Porzingis, as far as I can tell, Phil is butt hurt that KP blew off the exit meeting and is taking things really personally. It's mind boggling. The absolute best case scenario is Phil doesn't want to trade him, but just wants to have KP twist in the wind cause he blew off the meeting. Mind you, that's the best case scenario.

Who cares about the Knicks?

The far more intriguing question is what will Boston do at #3? Issac anyone? I think the projections with Jackson / Tatum are just smoke.

The far more intriguing question is what will Boston do at #3? Issac anyone? I think the projections with Jackson / Tatum are just smoke.

I think Issac or Tatum. Issac seems like a Celts pick for sure. I could see Fox as well but everyone seems to be predicting Tatum.

I like Isaac, I think I would take him over those 2. Jackson really doesn't do it for me, I dunno about him.

I like Isaac, I think I would take him over those 2. Jackson really doesn't do it for me, I dunno about him.

Agree 100%. Reminds me of Stanley Johnson, with similar offensive limitations.

Interested to see who the Spurs are looking to draft by getting into the top 10.

Agree 100%. Reminds me of Stanley Johnson, with similar offensive limitations.

His FT% scares me (It was like 55% last year). Maybe it's a dumb thing, and he's definitely a multi talented wing, but that tells me his 3pt% may have been a fluke.

Isaac is a big man who can shoot (good % from both 3 and the line), has good athletic indicators (block and steal rates), rebounds well, sign me up.

I don't get these guys like Brian Snow who say they would take Jackson 1st overall.

The Melo thing isn't as bad, he isn't completely trashing him, and he's trying to get him to waive his no trade clause. (Don't get me wrong, it's still bad)

With Porzingis, as far as I can tell, Phil is butt hurt that KP blew off the exit meeting and is taking things really personally. It's mind boggling. The absolute best case scenario is Phil doesn't want to trade him, but just wants to have KP twist in the wind cause he blew off the meeting. Mind you, that's the best case scenario.

Love this kid.

Clarence Gaines had to convince him. This wasn't like Phil scouted him and knew he was going to be good. Credit Phil for bringing in Gaines, but KP isn't a "Phil" guy.

"His argument for Kristaps Porzingis convinced me to make that out-of-the-box choice,'' Jackson admitted in the email.

http://nypost.com/2017/05/27/meet-phil-jacksons-knicks-draft-guru-a-respected-odd-duck/

No clue if this is legit - WorldStar posted it.

IMG_9224.JPG