It's Time to Pull the Plug on Babers | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

It's Time to Pull the Plug on Babers

In regards to the OP, there are facts posted, but as predictable at times here, it's easier to simply dismiss and/or diss a poster who doesn't have the deemed worthy "stature" on this internet sports fan board.

4-8, 4-8, 10-3 and 4-7 to date are facts...with one game left in year 4. Our recruiting classes have been ranked in the lower third of the ACC for the most part to date. Additional facts: Dino is the head coach, he is 100% responsible for the personnel and the staff he voluntarily chooses to hire. He's also 100% responsible for the recruits he brings to SU, and the degree in which they develop while here. Also, as captain of the ship, he's is 100% responsible for the discipline his team portrays as a whole and sets the tone accordingly.

Those being the facts, maybe we can focus moving forward on having a spirited discussion on this as the OP also offered to partake in.

No it does t matter who it is. “It’s time to pull the plug on Babers” is a dumb take and you don’t get to dismiss last year just because it doesn’t fit your agenda just like you can’t dismiss 87, 96, 03 13 and 16 like many have tried to do on the basketball side.

Hey there are any number of coaches we could hire who could finish dead last in the ACC.
dino needs to hang his head and figure things out quick. not even like we had "close" losses.
basically got steamrolled all season. gave up crazy yardage numbers and showed zero discipline on O.

In regards to the OP, there are facts posted, but as predictable at times here, it's easier to simply dismiss and/or diss a poster who doesn't have the deemed worthy "stature" on this internet sports fan board.

4-8, 4-8, 10-3 and 4-7 to date are facts...with one game left in year 4. Our recruiting classes have been ranked in the lower third of the ACC for the most part to date. Additional facts: Dino is the head coach, he is 100% responsible for the personnel and the staff he voluntarily chooses to hire. He's also 100% responsible for the recruits he brings to SU, and the degree in which they develop while here. Also, as captain of the ship, he's is 100% responsible for the discipline his team portrays as a whole and sets the tone accordingly.

Those being the facts, maybe we can focus moving forward on having a spirited discussion on this as the OP also offered to partake in.
I don’t care if all the admins or the “stature” posters made this thread I would still laugh.
he gave us our first 10 win season in a long long long time.
So after that he stumbles to a 4 or 5 win season. It happens we are not at a point where we can plug and play.
Pulling the plug would set us back another 5 years or hell never see 10 wins again in 20 years.
This will be Dino’s first “X” on his tenure here.
First two seasons where a massive rebuild with Big East talent at most positions and no depth.
Way to many positive things have happened to this program with Dino to pull the plug now.

This a terrible post and yes I would tell anyone on this board the same thing.

Gentlemen,

Faith is belief without evidence...but we cannot believe if we had one fluke season out of four in Babers tenure here. Wildhack and the Athletic Department better get moving...and moving fast. Babers is in over his head. Look at the stats...

Our Record
2016...4-8
2017...4-8
2018...10-3; and I honestly do not give him much credit that year led by a senior quarterback in Eric Dungey, 5th year senior wideout in Custis, veteran offensive line and most importantly a weak strength of schedule. Louisville was down last year...Florida State was down last year...UNC was very bad that year, but are much better this year as they may make a bowl this year. That record was a paper tiger.
2019...soon to be 4-8 after an increase in season tickets.

Overall record...22-27 with a fluke 10-3 season in there. Guys the ACC is not a gauntlet...Take out the outlier and its an average record of 4-8. This is Shafer-esque. Our defense is getting shredded and our offense has been figured out.

Player Morale
Dino has lost this team...Harris with his outbursts which are visible on the field...players laughing and joking around on the sideline after getting their butts kicked in. DIno does not even look engaged on the sideline. I saw the same loss of emotion with Marrone the year before he left. It is a sense of giving up or he doesn't know how to fix the issue.

Recruiting
We are recruiting worse and worse every year. We are at the bottom of the ACC in recruiting even after a 10 win season. We already fired our D-coordinator. Face it---Dino's defense is pathetic with the talent that is back there. The offense is not the new fast as we have got out-gained throughout the year.

My passion is still there, but tonight and this season was an eye-opener. Disucss.
Shoot post. Rough year but the alternative is GRob or Shafer type of teams. He is the best we can get.

For as much as some people describe Dungey as a generational talent, our fanbase still wouldn't show up to support him until the Louisville game last year.

If you want Babers fired we should just stop playing FBS football.
His staff has to be changed and he needs to own some blame for this team this year.
With that said Dino Babers isn’t the issue with the team.
We aren’t going to get a better HC at Syracuse next year.

No it does t matter who it is. “It’s time to pull the plug on Babers” is a dumb take and you don’t get to dismiss last year just because it doesn’t fit your agenda just like you can’t dismiss 87, 96, 03 13 and 16 like many have tried to do on the basketball side.

I understand, but it's interesting how some posters will choose to respond to one who posts a hot take that isn't as lofty in a deemed fabled pedestal reputation, etc., and then choose to focus entirely on the hot take vs. other credible or factual info. Jeez, I mean some of the posts I see in the games threads aren't any different. I don't know about whether this OP has an "agenda" or not, other than all of us here having the same universal agenda...for our beloved Syracuse program to be successful.

Last edited:
dino is a great guy. charismatic. loves his players loves his school. that will only get you so far. results.

I understand, but it's interesting how some posters will choose to respond to one who posts a hot take, but isn't as lofty in a deemed fabled pedestal reputation, etc., and then choose to focus entirely on the hot take vs. other credible or factual info. I don't know about whether this OP has an "agenda" or not, other than all of us here having the same universal agenda...for our beloved Syracuse program to be successful.

I mean, the OP led with “Babers has to go.”

That’s...gonna get a lot of focus.

I watch a decent amount of college football, and I’d say our overall talent level is in the bottom third of P5. Dino’s improved things from where we were, but it’s still not particularly great.

Also, this thread is moronic and idiotic.

This is the thing. We’re better in some respects, but overall we don’t have the talent necessary to be successful on a consistent basis. Dino said it himself before the season: maintaining success is the hardest part.

His staff has to be changed and he needs to own some blame for this team this year.
It’s year 4. He recruits the players. He hires his staff. He is the head coach on game day.

If he “isn’t the issue with the team” who and what is in your mind?

There’s a lot of truth there, but it’s also a dose of reality.

I don’t care if all the admins or the “stature” posters made this thread I would still laugh.
he gave us our first 10 win season in a long long long time.
So after that he stumbles to a 4 or 5 win season. It happens we are not at a point where we can plug and play.
Pulling the plug would set us back another 5 years or hell never see 10 wins again in 20 years.
This will be Dino’s first “X” on his tenure here.
First two seasons where a massive rebuild with Big East talent at most positions and no depth.
Way to many positive things have happened to this program with Dino to pull the plug now.

This a terrible post and yes I would tell anyone on this board the same thing.

That's fine, it's 100% your opinion based upon your own thinking. It doesn't make it right or better than some one who may think differently. You are the owner of your own thoughts, it can be difficult at times to remember this fact. However, being aware of this fact, allows one to carry on without giving any unnecessary attention/weight to a different line of thinking.

It’s year 4. He recruits the players. He hires his staff. He is the head coach on game day.

If he “isn’t the issue with the team” who and what is in your mind?
The issue with this team is we aren’t stacked with a deep roster.
Our OL was awful for 9 games.
The coaching staff should have made changes earlier that is on Dino.
DeVito is young and honestly made a lot of mistakes that shouldn’t happen.
The holding onto the ball, the terrible picks the offense has been poor.
The DL has been underachieving.

Blame Dino for bad coaching decisions. If he had a roster with better talent he wouldn’t be the issue.

Didnt read any of this thread but Babers has next year to figure things out... if we go 4-8 again then we can start talking about if he should be the coach going forward... right now, I'm all in on Babers

That's fine, it's 100% your opinion based upon your own thinking. It doesn't make it right or better than some one who may think differently. You are the owner of your own thoughts, it can be difficult at times to remember this fact. However, being aware of this fact, allows one to carry on without giving any unnecessary attention/weight to a different line of thinking.
I don’t have the energy for nonsense threads anymore and I’m sure more will pop up Olin the coming weeks and I’ll keep just doing whatever I want in them.
Thanks for your super helpful post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom