It's Time to Pull the Plug on Babers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It's Time to Pull the Plug on Babers

Dino came in with a gimmick offense. Now everyone plays fast. His recruiting classes are consistently amongst the lowest ranked in the conference. Thank Tim Lester for last year, not Dino. I no longer believe without evidence.

Agreed! Recruiting has been non existent. Recruiting has to eventually improve or we will continue to be in trouble. I thank Dungey for last year...the guy was the "head coach and motivator" on last year's team...he was the guy the players looked up to when a boost was needed.

IMG_20190227_034042.jpg

So are you saying you are happy with the player morale on the sideline? That all starts with the head coach allowing it. Guys literally did not care and their body language showed it. Are you happy with three 4-8 losing seasons out of 4? Baber's counterpart got fired for doing the exact same thing? This is a results-oriented business...

Shafer didn’t have a wet dream that involved 10 wins

disappointing year no doubt but i don't see a bullitt to the brain. what i do see is the superman cape coming off and the recognition that coach babers best step up his game lest he gets pushed in front of a speeding locomotive he may not be able to stop next season. patience is indeed a virtue. but patience too has a shelf life . this year was a big step backwards. another step back may be kryptonite to his coaching career.

Agreed! Recruiting has been non existent. Recruiting has to eventually improve or we will continue to be in trouble. I thank Dungey for last year...the guy was the "head coach and motivator" on last year's team...he was the guy the players looked up to when a boost was needed.

Not a fan of Jawhar Jordan or Matthew Bergeron or Benson or Mikel Jones? Those are true freshmen who've made impacts already. None of who were all that highly rated.

Some of you are way too wrapped up in recruiting rankings. Once you get outside the top 20, its really much more about being a good fit.
Dino has done a pretty good job recruiting (except the QB position which is weird).

So are you saying you are happy with the player morale on the sideline? That all starts with the head coach allowing it. Guys literally did not care and their body language showed it. Are you happy with three 4-8 losing seasons out of 4? Baber's counterpart got fired for doing the exact same thing? This is a results-oriented business...
Exact same thing huh? EXACT? Except for the 10-3 season? That’s not “exact same” now is it?

Also, your Marrone point was off. He had a great season in his last year here and then got a better job in the NFL.

This is a classic Syracuse.com type of throwback post.

I agree that last year's 10-3 was about as fluky as 10-3 can be. There's a lot wrong with this team right now. Dino's never been a great Xs and Os guy. He's a CEO type who has some strengths. I certainly would not be in favor of firing him after this season for a multitude of reasons.

Next season, I think Tommy will be better - I expect a Nassib like trajectory. I think the offensive line is already showing signs that it will be an improved, functional unit next season. The defense returns a lot of talented kids. In other words, if the team get's its mind right, it's play should improve significantly.

We have about as soft a schedule as one could hope for next season. Yes, the Dome reno makes September a little squirrelly, but our non conference games are @ Rutgers, Colgate, @ WMU, and Liberty. If we are not bowl eligible with that schedule, and the amount of players we are returning, I would be fine with moving on from Babers.

Edit: Also, we are not 4-8, yet. Let's see how we come out next Saturday.

People who post garbage aren’t entitled to rational, thoughtful takes. You’re post is moronic, and you’re going to deservedly get dragged.

Seems to me a lot of posters agree in looking at the other threads and some in this thread. The results speak for themselves. Look at the record (4-8, 4-8, 10-3, 4-8)...look at the low recruiting rankings in comparison to our league (12th, 11th, 10th, and 10th)...Watch the games and see the mind-blowing decisions that are being made by the guy in charge...(delay of games, missing timeouts, allowing Taj to have this overblown tantrums on the field...)

The teams that we wiped the field with got better while we got worse. Louisville smoked us...FSU smoked us...Clemson smoked us after keeping it close the past couple years. We are getting blown out and not remaining competitive to the schedule that was in front of us this year.

Seems to me a lot of posters agree in looking at the other threads and some in this thread. The results speak for themselves. Look at the record (4-8, 4-8, 10-3, 4-8)...look at the low recruiting rankings in comparison to our league (12th, 11th, 10th, and 10th)...Watch the games and see the mind-blowing decisions that are being made by the guy in charge...(delay of games, missing timeouts, allowing Taj to have this overblown tantrums on the field...)

The teams that we wiped the field with got better while we got worse. Louisville smoked us...FSU smoked us...Clemson smoked us after keeping it close the past couple years. We are getting blown out and not remaining competitive to the schedule that was in front of us this year.

Your posting history is easily reviewable. Last year Babers was robbed of COY. Now it’s time for him to go. Go home dude. You’re drunk.

If Wildhack doesn't agree to your list of demands you're going to resign as a fan, right?

Never. I bleed orange with the football and basketball teams too much. If I didn't care, I wouldn't watch or attend every game.

Not a fan of Jawhar Jordan or Matthew Bergeron or Benson or Mikel Jones? Those are true freshmen who've made impacts already. None of who were all that highly rated.

Some of you are way too wrapped up in recruiting rankings. Once you get outside the top 20, its really much more about being a good fit.
Dino has done a pretty good job recruiting (except the QB position which is weird).
I watch a decent amount of college football, and I’d say our overall talent level is in the bottom third of P5. Dino’s improved things from where we were, but it’s still not particularly great.

Also, this thread is moronic and idiotic.

[/QUO
With the talent Jordan has he is gone after his red shirt junior year. He should have been returning kicks all year. He also should have been used all year as a RB and Receiver.

In regards to the OP, there are facts posted, but as predictable at times here, it's easier to simply dismiss and/or diss a poster who doesn't have the deemed worthy "stature" on this internet sports fan board.

4-8, 4-8, 10-3 and 4-7 to date are facts...with one game left in year 4. Our recruiting classes have been ranked in the lower third of the ACC for the most part to date. Additional facts: Dino is the head coach, he is 100% responsible for the personnel and the staff he voluntarily chooses to hire. He's also 100% responsible for the recruits he brings to SU, and the degree in which they develop while here. Also, as captain of the ship, he's 100% responsible for the discipline his team portrays as a whole and sets the tone accordingly.

Those being the facts, maybe we can focus moving forward on having a spirited discussion on this as the OP also offered to partake in.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why people are so taken aback by this take... this team is dreadful. It’s year 4.

We’ve beaten Liberty, Western Michigan, Holy Cross, and Duke.

We’ve been out scored 296-144 in our losses.
Yep, most coaches would have been fired at this point at big time programs.

4 wins separate Shafer and Babers, thats all. Do I blame Babers or Shafer, no not at all. I blame the school for lack of investment and lack of commitment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom