Its time to switch it up on D | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Its time to switch it up on D

I'll be glad to engage you in this conversation. But first you are going to have to prove to me that you understand the complete logic behind JB's almost exclusive use of the Zone. (I actually don't agree the Press is a defensive scheme in the same vein as M2M or Zone.)

You can find this in JB's recent book or on the Internet in discussions and training sessions he has conducted.

It's not my contention that you can't play both well. It's JB's. The argument is between you (with your knowledge of basketball) and JB with his.

Lol arguing? Im not arguing with anyone? Not sure where your getting that from? As ive stated multiple times before, this is my opionion. Everything I believe is my just that, my opinion. This is a message board where the sharing of opinions occur lol.

It is my opionion that there situations where man to man will work as a better defense than a zone, your free to have another opionion, so is JB, so is everyone else...which by the way is 100% fine (god bless America lol). That's why I asked you the question if there was ever a time you personally would play man over zone?

the experiment failed. how many seasons do we have to sacrifice with this fatally flawed premise ?

2death460.jpg

really growing tired of breaking the glass only to see him climb back into the same tank again next season.

Last edited:
I'd say over Boeheim's dead body, but when he dies and resumes his coaching duties as zombie Jim Boeheim we'll still play zone.

So you are summarizing 40 years with the line "One Championship"?

It's hard to argue with that, but not for the reason you think.

Always a pleasure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom