Its too bad Tuesday night's game is 9 pm | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Its too bad Tuesday night's game is 9 pm

My kids go to bed between 7:30-8:00. I'm a big fan of the 9:00 start. Means I don't have to juggle the bath and bedtime routines while trying to catch bits of the first half. It does hurt game attendance, though.
Means I don't have to feel guilty about being on the game thread while the kids watch the game in the same room.

9 is nice for TV. Sucks when wanting to make the hour 45 minute drive during the week to get to the dome. Well more so for coming back at least.
I can relate to the two hour ride, but I’ll grab some caffeine for the ride home. It’s a huge game and fan support is so important. This could potentially be a season turning game.

Is "Big East game of the week" code for Skinemax?
Haha, no. This was before cable TV in Fairfax County. WTTG, channel 5, which was a local channel back then (pre-Fox). It was actually really good.

There was a pseudo-cable movie channel called SuperTV, though. It was over the air via a scramble. Channel 50 late night Saturdays, it showed Pron. And it froze just enough, frequently enough for this 13 year old.

I can relate to the two hour ride, but I’ll grab some caffeine for the ride home. It’s a huge game and fan support is so important. This could potentially be a season turning game.

Early day of work the next morning makes it the challenge not so much the late drive.. as does it being a weekday game. In line with the OP.. game like this at the dome benefits UNC vs it being on a friday/Saturday etc.

Early day of work the next morning makes it the challenge not so much the late drive.. as does it being a weekday game. In line with the OP.. game like this at the dome benefits UNC vs it being on a friday/Saturday etc.
It helps when you’re retired. I feel your pain. If we win, Adrenalin can get you through the next day, but when it wears off you’re dead tired.

The UNC kids won't even get be wheels up until about 1 am, so lucky to get to their beds by 4 am. They'll miss their classes on Wednesday due to fatigue!

The UNC kids won't even get be wheels up until about 1 am, so lucky to get to their beds by 4 am. They'll miss their classes on Wednesday due to fatigue!

Meh- their 19-23 year olds... nothing to it. Those were the days.

LTMzNzcuanBlZw.jpeg

I'll commit to this... if Joe agrees to shave the moss off his chin (and keep it off for at least a week), I'll make flight accommodations to come up for a game this year. Book it-