Its too bad Tuesday night's game is 9 pm | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Its too bad Tuesday night's game is 9 pm

I'm not sure, but I can provide some nice recommendations to some great courses in the Tampa Bay area. I'll even treat you to a round if you want join me on Tues. Tee time 3pm.
Sure. How's Streamsong sound? I'll meet you at the 1st tee. Although I've always wanted to play Copperhead. LOL!!! I'm envious you can get out.

Think I might drive over and wait till the game starts and buy a ticket on the cheap

Every conference has 8 pm start times, so I don't really complain about those even if they are less than ideal for some. But once you get to 9 pm, that really is too late and not fan friendly when you consider not everyone lives in these college towns and has to drive some distance.

I like watching this year's team. Brown is awesome! And Mintz is getting more confident. Edwards is playing really well. And I like watch Girard score when backing down near the paint. Of course, his 3s are awesome and needed.

It would be really nice to beat UNC. My father-in-law lives in North Carolina and pissing him off would make me happy.

Every conference has 8 pm start times, so I don't really complain about those even if they are less than ideal for some. But once you get to 9 pm, that really is too late and not fan friendly when you consider not everyone lives in these college towns and has to drive some distance.
Yep. 9pm east coast starts are dumb. People wonder why there are attendance issues all over the country. Here's a reason. Sometimes I feel like things are done to actively antagonize sports fans.

Yep. 9pm east coast starts are dumb. People wonder why there are attendance issues all over the country. Here's a reason. Sometimes I feel like things are done to actively antagonize sports fans.
It’s done to capture west coast and Mtn time viewers. A 7 pm game is 4:00pm in cali, you’re not getting any viewers from those markets and even with a 8pm est start you’re likely not getting eyes on the TV on the west coast until halftime. Meanwhile it’s far easier for an east coast watcher to stay up and watch a game versus a west coach watcher forego a couple hours of work.

Attendance may suffer but TV contracts drive most the revenue anyway

Last edited:
Those 2 hours will cost us thousands of butts in the seats. Most fans from Rochester, Utica, Albany, Binghamton are probably out.

Stupid. We never used to have to play at 9 in the Big East.
I seem to remember 9:00 start times in the mid-80s for the Big East game of the week. I remember watching in my room with the lights out and the sound real low so my parents would think I was asleep.

Boss is taking us to a paint and sip thing tomorrow night. Not excited at all.
Paint a rendition of the Dome court while watching on your phone. If your boss complains that you didn't paint the array of fruit/flowers on the table, just say, "That's what I see in front of me when I look at that arrangement. When SU is playing, everything I see is the Dome court. If you want to turn this into a sip and psychoanalysis, have at it!"

My kids go to bed between 7:30-8:00. I'm a big fan of the 9:00 start. Means I don't have to juggle the bath and bedtime routines while trying to catch bits of the first half. It does hurt game attendance, though.

Don’t look at the Ticketmaster map. 1,000’s of resale.