It's your move, Syverud | Syracusefan.com

It's your move, Syverud

DomeStranger

All Conference
Show us how much Syracuse University cares about their football program being successful.

What do you want the chancellor to do? Go over the ADs head and fire Shafer? Might as well fire Gross at the same time.

What do you want the chancellor to do? Go over the ADs head and fire Shafer? Might as well fire Gross at the same time.

It's my understanding that it's not 100% the AD's call to make. Meaning if DG wanted him gone he'd still need approval from Syverud.

It's my understanding that it's not 100% the AD's call to make. Meaning if DG wanted him gone he'd still need approval from Syverud.

My point is if Syverud doesn't trust Gross to get it right on his own, he needs to remove him and put somebody in office he thinks can get it right.

Syverud needs to make a decision on what to do with the dome, so yeah, I'd say the ball is in his court on what the future of Syracuse football should be.

A turning point? Good or bad? WhoTF knows???

Even if Dr Gross moves on, Shafer still has another year.
All we can do is pray that he's not completely obtuse.

I'm betting he will punt.
Dude you are en fuego. These one liners are awesome I am still laughing from your comments in the Pitt game thread.

I talked to a former player this week and he told me that Gross loves Shafer!!! He is not going anywhere until Gross is shown the door.

I talked to a former player this week and he told me that Gross loves Shafer!!! He is not going anywhere until Gross is shown the door.

With good reason, if Gross has to fire his 2nd hand-selected HC, there is no one else to take the fall. I'll say this about TGD, he's smart enough to have someone else around to blame when things go wrong.

Ok then TGD needs to go also. I've been a big fan of his, but this is nonsense.

Nothing is going to happen. Everyone needs to get themselves prepared for that.

Vent here all you want, but there's likely only one staff change, and that's because McDonald won't stay.
I think McDonald ends up coming out of this looking pretty good in some respects.

Show us how much Syracuse University cares about their football program being successful.
syracuse football is not a priority for him, or at the university. his focus is academics, unless it hurts donations and support. that is the only time he will involve himself. we are still a private school with no big following that he needs to respond to. i also support gross. he has done a great job, despite having to listen to his pr junk. our recruiters should take a lesson from his playbook as a snake oil salesman. under his watch we built a ipf, renovated manley. improved other sports. we just need him to get the money to upgrade the coaching staff and keep him out the football caching selection process. i do think gross and tressel (sp) are perfect match for success,in football.

OttoinGrotto said:
I think McDonald ends up coming out of this looking pretty good in some respects.
Why does a 2 yr qb coach have so much trouble with the offense he has supposed to have been working in?

Why does a 2 yr qb coach have so much trouble with the offense he has supposed to have been working in?

That is a question I agree with looking into. I get it that it was McDonalds scheme but seriously, were they that far apart where they thought the offense should do?

I'm not ready to give up on Shafer either...I think the team needs a few years of continuity as much as anything. Its hard to get where you want to go when you keep grabbing somebody else with a different vision

I think the team needs a few years of continuity as much as anything. Its hard to get where you want to go when you keep grabbing somebody else with a different vision
6 years isn't long enough? ;)

Syverud has his own issues to deal with with all of the changes he is making and really doesn't care too much about SUAD unless it's a money drain on the University as a whole - winning is a nice to have but its not a priority. It's just not his DNA plus his lack of big time university experience screams to me that both the SU BOT & Chancellor are moving in a different directions which I think is about cutting costs.

As I understand things today, only 2 ways Gross loses his job - mishandling of the budget as Syverud has put financial controls in place or Gross's embarrassment of the University (NCAA investigation declares lack of institutional control by SUAD).

Until we are ready to hire a big time AD who has the guts and persuasion to do what FSU did to get Jimbo Fisher from LSU or SMU did to get Clemson's Chad Morris, we all have to take what we are getting and hope we find a "diamond in the rough" as a HC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom