IUPUI/Paterson play at noon vs Michigan | Syracusefan.com

IUPUI/Paterson play at noon vs Michigan

To add another one, looks like Pace University has played 2 games so far. Christian White has had 9 assists, 6 turnovers and scored 7 points in 25 minutes per game. They play at LeMoyne on Nov. 19

Also, St Bonaventure had their first game yesterday. Chinoso started and played 13 minutes. Ended up with 4 fouls but had 2 pts 3 rbs, 1 block and 1 steal.
How is he eligible? Doesn't he need to sit out as year?

He's a grad transfer, a la White and Gillon. He graduated at the end of his Junior year.

Yet the NCAA took a year away from the young man's eligibility, questioning his transcript from Nigeria to Rochester's Bishop Kearney - all for the good of the student, of course. :mad: Sure sounds like he's been more than a solid student.

Yet the NCAA took a year away from the young man's eligibility, questioning his transcript from Nigeria to Rochester's Bishop Kearney - all for the good of the student, of course. :mad: Sure sounds like he's been more than a solid student.

Not that I agree with it, but I assume the taking away of a year had to do with them thinking he spent too much time in high school and was older than he should be, not whether he could handle the university level work?? Isn't it a variant on the rule that got Diagne hung up?

Not that I agree with it, but I assume the taking away of a year had to do with them thinking he spent too much time in high school and was older than he should be, not whether he could handle the university level work?? Isn't it a variant on the rule that got Diagne hung up?

No doubt - he'll be 23 years old in December. (12/23/93) I know you're just stating their position. It's crazy though trying to equate a year of high school in Nigeria to a year in the US when the student has to even learn the language. How many US students enter college after 4 years of high school, then prep school? I believe Bishop Kearney had Chinoso play only 3 years of high school ball despite his 4 years there so he certainly didn't take an extra year to get an athletic advantage. They penalized him for bettering his academics to prepare for college.

As Jay Bilas said in Chinoso's defense the NCAA is saying "So… spend an extra year in HS and go to college but lose a year of eligibility…. or don’t spend the extra year in HS, fail to graduate, and then not attend college."

Really wish we never let BJ walk, sometimes Jimmy pushes the wrong kids out of the program. I really thought he was coming on towards the end of his sophomore year.

Had about a 30 minute text argument with a buddy about that this morning. My thought being that he would've been a big contributor to the team this year. Also acknowledge that Andrew White probably does not wear orange if BJ is on the roster.

Had about a 30 minute text argument with a buddy about that this morning. My thought being that he would've been a big contributor to the team this year. Also acknowledge that Andrew White probably does not wear orange if BJ is on the roster.

And that's it, even last year where would he have played. We had Mali and Lydon playing the three, this year we have White, Battle, and Lydon battling for minutes at the three. BJ is a solid player but I don't think he would have played much regardless. Probably wouldn't have gotten starter minutes until next season.

BTW, Paterson was 1-7 for 2 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 2 points in 23 minutes.
Come on Buss!!! One of the best nicknames for a cuse player in a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom