I've Tried to Give Him The Benefit of the Doubt... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I've Tried to Give Him The Benefit of the Doubt...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on what I've seen, that's about as effective as Cooney is around the rim: not very.

less effective,
we don't need cooney to score more then 2-4 baskets inside hes not that type of SG.
Every team wants a big who can give us 5-6 baskets inside a game though.

He is great as a 2nd 3rd 4th option on the offensive end, who can light up as a first 0ption for stretches ( although hasn't much this year yet).

But Cooney needs to play less minutes. A lot less. He really is a hindrance. He takes bad shots (makes some, but takes bad ones), tries to go one-on-one way too much and when he gets into the lane he freaks out and can't make a play.

For someone that is a 5th year senior and has been starting at a major program for the majority of it, he just isn't very good. I'm ready for any other option that's there - even Joseph at this point.

after the last 2 games, how many minutes should Mali play? Zero? Just put him back to high school? C'mon man. Cooney didnt even play bad today nor did he vs Wisconsin. Blame the players that are playing bad.

Cooney played bad to start the year, then played great in Atlantis, then bad the last two.

Lydons first half (and long stretches of Wisconsin) he looked like he forgot how to hoop. Mali is taking tough shots.

"mali taking tough shots"

THATS WHAT YOU SEE? Mali is taking GOD AWFUL shots and is the laziest player on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom