Izzo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Izzo

This board is funny sometimes. He has only been to 8 ff's and won one NC, so he's not that good. I guess JB really isn't that good either.

Why do we so frequently try to tear other coaches down that, when compared to JB, have similar or better success? Does it make JB better?
Great post.

This board is funny sometimes. He has only been to 8 ff's and won one NC, so he's not that good. I guess JB really isn't that good either.

Why do we so frequently try to tear other coaches down that, when compared to JB, have similar or better success? Does it make JB better?

Because he hired a rapist and tried to protect that rapist from the consequences of his actions on the off chance it might help him win more basketball games.

Because he hired a rapist and tried to protect that rapist from the consequences of his actions on the off chance it might help him win more basketball games.
narrator: jim boeheim hired eric devendorf

That has nothing to do with what people were talking about. If that's the discussion, then discuss that, but it wasn't. It has nothing to do with his ability to coach. Don't pretend that Izzo is the only successful coach people on here tear down in an attempt to build JB up. What's funny is JB doesn't need it. His success speaks for itself.

That has nothing to do with what people were talking about. If that's the discussion, then discuss that, but it wasn't. It has nothing to do with his ability to coach. Don't pretend that Izzo is the only successful coach people on here tear down in an attempt to build JB up. What's funny is JB doesn't need it. His success speaks for itself.

You are right, I'm thinking of a different Izzo thread. We have too many Izzo threads.

narrator: jim boeheim hired eric devendorf

Either I missed some big news or this is a terribly cynical post. I never read any reports about Boehehim covering up rapes and I read two separate reports about Izzo.

Either I missed some big news or this is a terribly cynical post. I never read any reports about Boehehim covering up rapes and I read two separate reports about Izzo.
you are overstating izzo's case and ignoring the history of boeheim's program, which has plenty of rape & assault charges of its own. more or less than others i don't know, but this is not a topic
where cuse fans can pretend to have any high ground.
glass houses being what they are

you are overstating izzo's case and ignoring the history of boeheim's program, which has plenty of rape & assault charges of its own. more or less than others i don't know, but this is not a topic
where cuse fans can pretend to have any high ground.
glass houses being what they are
I don't remember any player being convicted of rape at syracuse. There is a difference between accusations and convictions. As for your larger point, I agree. When we smirk at kids on other schools getting in trouble, I always think, we don't know these kids. Let's not smirk too much

I don't remember any player being convicted of rape at syracuse. There is a difference between accusations and convictions. As for your larger point, I agree. When we smirk at kids on other schools getting in trouble, I always think, we don't know these kids. Let's not smirk too much
the msu case that general20 refers to does not involve convictions, either.
and we don't have rape convictions (thank goodness) but orange players do have a pattern of physical assault against women going back decades

the msu case that general20 refers to does not involve convictions, either.
and we don't have rape convictions (thank goodness) but orange players do have a pattern of physical assault against women going back decades
I understand that. But what when on at MSU is in my opinion, worse than anything that has happened at Syracuse. I say that as i understand that we are not without our own issues.

I understand that. But what when on at MSU is in my opinion, worse than anything that has happened at Syracuse. I say that as i understand that we are not without our own issues.
i assume you are talking about larry nassar and, yes, that is far worse than anything at s.u.

but that is on the a.d., it doesn't have anything to do with izzo. the various allegations against izzo's program are no different than those that have come up against boeheim's over the decades.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom