Jabari Parker to return to Duke? | Syracusefan.com

Jabari Parker to return to Duke?

I may kill someone if that happens. Or just curse a lot.

Only K could make that happen. Still, I don't buy it. His draft status is through the roof, and even though his friend Okafor would be there next season there is NO guarantee of a national championship no matter how much talent you have. See UK prior to Anthony Davis.

Think injury, Jabari. Think security. Get the hell out of Durham. ;)

Embiid would be stupid to come back if someone is going to draft him high and let him heal...with the finest docs money can buy at his disposal.

He should stay if he enjoys college. No kid should go to the NBA unless they want to do so. The money will be their for him no matter when he declares. Parker isn't a good defender right now and if he spent the summer getting quicker and refining his body he would be a dominant college player next year.

Jabari Parker NBA comp for me has been Glen "Big Dog" Robinson. He will score 20 ppg, grab 6-7 rpg, and have 1-3 apg. He won't ever be a defensive stopper in the NBA, but he will score enough that his defense won't be a problem. Parker isn't Grant Hill or Carmelo Anthony which I have seen him compared to. I hope he stays as it will make college basketball better.

I'm all for it. A strong Duke/ACC is a great thing.

Most of you complained about how weak the conference was this year and now you're wishing for every team to field JV squads? Cant have it both ways. Would also be nice if a certain frosh PG from Canada would reconsider too. I hope all the great players come back.

He should stay if he enjoys college. No kid should go to the NBA unless they want to do so. The money will be their for him no matter when he declares. Parker isn't a good defender right now and if he spent the summer getting quicker and refining his body he would be a dominant college player next year.

Jabari Parker NBA comp for me has been Glen "Big Dog" Robinson. He will score 20 ppg, grab 6-7 rpg, and have 1-3 apg. He won't ever be a defensive stopper in the NBA, but he will score enough that his defense won't be a problem. Parker isn't Grant Hill or Carmelo Anthony which I have seen him compared to. I hope he stays as it will make college basketball better.

Although the logic is sound, we have discussed this scenario to death on this board. Why stay in college and work out, chisel your frame, etc, for free when an NBA team will pay you millions right NOW to do that. It makes no sense for Parker to come back. None. Grant, on the other hand, is guaranteed nothing in the draft and knows that. That is why coming back to do those things is right for him. Next year he will be a lottery pick and will have to go.

Although the logic is sound, we have discussed this scenario to death on this board. Why stay in college and work out, chisel your frame, etc, for free when an NBA team will pay you millions right NOW to do that. It makes no sense for Parker to come back. None. Grant, on the other hand, is guaranteed nothing in the draft and knows that. That is why coming back to do those things is right for him. Next year he will be a lottery pick and will have to go.
Nobody HAS to go. Who are any of us to tell a kid when he needs to go.it may not make sense to you but not everybody has the same desires and goals.

Won't improve their defense much. If Duke continues to play awful defense, they will be beatable regardless of how loaded with talent they are.

I wonder if Coach K takes any heat for it? Should Duke recruit more length and play more zone?

Parker is a great kid with excellent character and intelligent, supportive parents of faith. I expect him to return to school. He understands the money will still be there in 2015 and a great finish in the NCAA's will lead to more endorsements. Delayed gratification is tough for some to see and understand.

Why would anyone be upset if he stays. We moan and groan about the "one and done" culture. But when we have a kid who thinks he might stay... we criticize him? I don't get it.

Last edited:
cto said:
Why would anyone be upset if he stays. We moan and groan about the "one and done" culture. But when we have a kid who thinks we might stay... we criticize it? I don't get it.

He plays for DUKE.

As long as Grant returns, I'm fine with it.

Well, not really.

can anyone explain to me why I can see this topic from the Home Page (if it contains the most recent response), but I cannot see it when I am on the Basketball Board page?

cto said:
Why would anyone be upset if he stays. We moan and groan about the "one and done" culture. But when we have a kid who thinks we might stay... we criticize it? I don't get it.

Im not criticizing him at all. I hope he spurns the nba. Just frustrating that our players never do that.

Probably because if he doesn't go he is one of the guys that "should" go while some players that leave really have no business leaving.

can anyone explain to me why I can see this topic from the Home Page (if it contains the most recent response), but I cannot see it when I am on the Basketball Board page?

Do you have samspann1 ignored?