Jacobian Morgan - He Who Was Promised | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Jacobian Morgan - He Who Was Promised

Culpepper's QB rating (QBR) was 5.8 for the game. Enough said. Anyone on the roster with a QB number could do that in a live game. Sad but true.
I respect rex and what's he's been through. Frankly he's one of the worst qbs I have ever seen. I've seen 12 year olds with stronger arms. I don't care if Morgan throws 30 ints in practice this week he needs to start.

He's also in an awkward spot. He says his upperclassmen are his bridge to the future. If he plays underclassmen over them this year, what motivation do seniors have to stick around for 21?
If he doesn't play the best players whats to keep kids like Morgan Tex Alford Linton Benson from transferring?

Went back and watched Morgan’s huddle. Quick observations. Quick release looks accurate. Stands tall in pocket seems shifty and mobile in pocket, throws over line and rush well. Throws catchable ball with nice touch.

Not sure, arm strength? Deep balls, long outs? Forcing throws under pressure? can he run? Hard to say until we see more but can’t be worse than Rex who is a tight end playing QB, it’s embarrassing. If Morgan throws three picks per game and fumbles once it’s a neutral trade with more of a learning upside.

Other teams play true freshman QBs why can’t we?

If what I'm seeing with Culpepper at QB is the F-U-L-L playbook we're really in bad shape ...if Tucker can learn the OL assignments why can't Morgan function at QB...Culpepper makes Devito look good whereas Morgan might fuel a QB controversy which puts pressure on Babers that he doesn't want
By George I think you've got it. Can't have anything to with Tommy and Dino's grandiose delusion of putting him in the NFL. Then he could say he put 2 QB's in the league. Is that a recruiting strategy or a future employment Path?,

Reactions: FAL
By George I think you've got it. Can't have anything to with Tommy and Dino's grandiose delusion of putting him in the NFL. Then he could say he put 2 QB's in the league. Is that a recruiting strategy or a future employment Path?,

Got some weird fixations.

Any proof?

I remember when Terell Hunt was tossed against Villanova and Austin Wilson came in and looked very good for his 1st series or two. I was ready to say that we had a stud..

I am not saying that JM isn't going to be good, or that we shouldn't play him, but let's not jump to conclusions based on a small sample size.
Yes, but we will never know unless they are given a chance. At 1-6 we are already looking to next season. What possible payoff is there to continue as is.

The backup always is better with teams that struggle, but when you start a TE at QB it’s even more valid of a Q.

Just throwing this out there. With the news that TD may be back for the last two games is it possible that HCDB wants to avoid a future controversy if Morgan is having decent production? If Rex continues to be sub-par the switch back to a rusty TD is easy. If one of the young guys step up and look promising it gets a little more complicated and feelings get hurt.

Just throwing this out there. With the news that TD may be back for the last two games is it possible that HCDB wants to avoid a future controversy if Morgan is having decent production? If Rex continues to be sub-par the switch back to a rusty TD is easy. If one of the young guys step up and look promising it gets a little more complicated and feelings get hurt.
And we have another winner, give him a chicken dinner.

Cuse needs a QB competition this spring to elevate the QB room and find the best guy. I still think it's TD but needs someone to hold his feet to the fire.

I think that's a very reasonable theory

I think if Dino wants to have a chance at being employed in 2022 he ought to have his best arm getting snaps and experience right now.

I doubt thats Rex. If the scheme is whats forcing Dino to keep Rex in, get a new damn scheme. It’s not made our team better.

You're suggesting that DB is making playing decisions to protect Tommy or his feelings? Really?

You're suggesting that DB is making playing decisions to protect Tommy or his feelings? Really?
Did I say Tommy's feelings? Did I say anything about protecting Tommy? I said the situation gets more complicated and feelings get hurt. Whoever loses their spot will not take it well. Players take sides (as they always do) as do parents. Also... it was a theory not a statement. Read without bias and it makes life more enjoyable.

Really? Really? Why is there no real backup QB? I don't really want to here a bunch of lame excuses, which is all there are.

Really? Really? Why is there no real backup QB? I don't really want to here a bunch of lame excuses, which is all there are.

To be fair, we did have another QB, but he transferred to a JUCO.

The problem is Dino is all about muh feels and faith. Dino don't need no stinkin evidence. Gotta have faith folks. Evidence is Morgan performed very well, executed all the called plays. Whats not to like? Beyond that can't make any predictions for next week. It's not because of the kids, it's because of Dino and staff.

I can still see him going down with nobody near him. Turf monster ended his very promising career. Such a freak thing.
I remember on that play TH ran because he didn’t see a wide open receiver, which was a constant problem for him. He gave his heart, soul and body for the program, and deserves all the respect for that, but he had immense limitations. Pretty much like almost every other QB we’ve had here over the past 22 years.

To be fair, we did have another QB, but he transferred to a JUCO.
Do people accept these kinds of failures and excuses at your place of employment? There were other players available but they need to hear that they can take the job if their play merits, which I'm pretty sure it's made clear to them that isn't the case. They would be just a backup in case of injury. No real player is going to come in that situation.

So basically the kid doesn’t know the offense yet.

Fair enough and explains a lot.

Still want to see him in there for multiple series’s every game, the way we used Nassib in his freshman year.
Xactly. I don't have a problem with Dino being realistic and tamping down expectations, but at least throw the kid a few bones:

- Jacobian only knows a fraction of the offense, but what he did know he executed well and moved the ball.
- Jecobian wasn't playing against a 1st team defense but his throws were accurate and he found a TE in the end zone and those plays will give him something to build on as he develops.
-
Jacobian didn't get blitzed but I tell you what, when the pocket broke down he scrambled and found somebody and we haven't seen that in a while.

Last edited:
I remember on that play TH ran because he didn’t see a wide open receiver, which was a constant problem for him. He gave his heart, soul and body for the program, and deserves all the respect for that, but he had immense limitations. Pretty much like almost every other QB we’ve had here over the past 22 years.
He was a good runner. Different in style from Dungey, but very effective. Didn't have the missibility of Eric but had a knack for finding holes.