Jacobian Morgan - He Who Was Promised | Syracusefan.com

Jacobian Morgan - He Who Was Promised

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Im just kidding.

but nice to see a touchdown drive and a freshman looking calm and deliberate in the pocket.

I suspect Rex starts next week with a shorter leash.

Good looking drive from the largely non-recruited kid from Mississippi.

As he said to the broadcast crew he hoped never had play the freshman QB’s this season.

This statement makes absolutely no sense since he has two freshman QB’s who are not restricted by the redshirt rule in 2020. Give them all the experience you can under center since we are not going to win another game this season with this depleted roster.

As he said to the broadcast crew he hoped never had play the freshman QB’s this season.

This statement makes absolutely no sense since he has two freshman QB’s who are not restricted by the redshirt rule in 2020. Give them all the experience you can under center since we are not going to win another game this season with this depleted roster.

Agree but I don't think the other teams are that good that Morgan can't pull off an upset somewhere.

I appreciate Culpepper's hard work but he shouldn't play again for us. Morgan has a much better arm than expected and a good release. If he sits due to struggles its for the other freshman not a 5th year senior who can't throw a spiral.

Morgan may have gotten a soft defense and backups but he was seeing the field and he made a couple tight throws including the TD. He didn't dance around so quickly and bounced outside that one time then made the throw on the run. We haven't seen good qb play even in garbage time this year. Also he tucked it like a RB then pulled it and threw it. There appears to be some instincts there. Yes he may throw some picks and look rough but sure looked like a kid can play QB and has the arm strength to really rip it.

The drive Morgan put together is more positive than I think people think/want themselves to think.

Always had a big arm, threw the deep ball well in the HS highlights, but was going to take some time to develop.

He was accurate in the short passing game, made reads and bought time with his legs (be it against back-ups or not, you saw accurate throws and you saw a want to get through progressions). Deep ball arm strength won't be a problem for him and should open up more of the route table that had to be tabled with Rex.

Start the kid so you can have film on what he needs to fix, play Dillon if it gets bad so you have film on what needs to fix and than you have a pretty decent QB room next year with Lamson coming in and a lot of game film for guys to know what they need to do entering spring ball.

One of the reasons I always stay until the end of blowouts is to see the next crop of kids. We have unique opportunity to play kids this year without wasting a year of eligibility. Plus you can sell early playing time to recruits by letting your freshmen play a lot the rest of the way.

Start Morgan the rest of the way! Give the people something to watch!
Totally agree this is one glimmer of hope to build on and maybe even help with attendance for next year if there is any.

Fact of the matter is, Morgan (and Tex if we ever see him) throwing interceptions on every pass attempt accomplishes more for the future of our program than anything positive Rex does on the field at this point.

It's that cut and dry.

Going to offer up a theory here on Morgan. I think Dino knows what he has and was hoping to not have to use him this year - which I think he thought was lost and a rebuilding year going in.

I think we’ve (he’s) been crushed on QB recruiting because the perception was no one was going to unseat TD. I think he really wants another QB this year and doesn’t want the same perception out there again.

Last edited:
wayne-pa-probate-lawyers-trust-living-hope-is-a-good-thing-shawshank-redemption-2-600x450.jpg

Going to offer up a theory here on Morgan. I think Dino knows what he has and was hoping to not have to use him in this year - which I think he thought was lost and a rebuilding year going in.

I think we’ve (he’s) been crushed on QB recruiting because the perception was no one was going to unseat TD. I think he really wants another this year and doesn’t want the same perception out there again.

Makes a boatload of sense Jake. I wonder if we really have that luxury to think that way though given the results.

Going to offer up a theory here on Morgan. I think Dino knows what he has and was hoping to not have to use him in this year - which I think he thought was lost and a rebuilding year going in.

I think we’ve (he’s) been crushed on QB recruiting because the perception was no one was going to unseat TD. I think he really wants another this year and doesn’t want the same perception out there again.
That’s pretty bad. I don’t think there are even QB’s we are really recruiting rn. Maybe Dino can just not anoint a QB and we don’t have to worry about that

Not buying it.

If that’s the case that is so much over thinking it

That certainly doesn’t line up with Jeremy’s take that there isn’t another Qb capable of running a play on the roster

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom