Jaguars vs. Texans. Marrone gets big road win in Houston 29-7 | Syracusefan.com

Jaguars vs. Texans. Marrone gets big road win in Houston 29-7

CousCuse

Comin in Hot
Besides Tom and Doug putting a team on the field today that looked downright fearsome ( Hackett also) something else interesting happened. Allen Robinson tore his MCL and is done for the season, unfortunately for him and the Jags. However, Amba is on the practice squad and should be next man up, especially with all the drops the other receivers had today. Can he be a big time NFL receiver, maybe.

I am now a Jags fan. Who wants to join?
Tom Coughlin coached by the legend Ben Scwartwalder and Doug Marrone Coached by the other legend Dick MacPherson in control of an NFL franchise. That's Orange royalty right there. Amba is the only receiver on the practice squad so I have to believe he will play next week against the Titans. How huge would it be for Babers if he becomes a No. 1 in Jacksonville? He can do it, he took the opportunity last year and crushed it and I believe he will do the same thing in the big show.

Isn't he the guy who would never, ever be an NFL coach again? No owner/GM would ever hire him!

Isn't he the guy who would never, ever be an NFL coach again? No owner/GM would ever hire him!

Well yes he called Syracuse his dream job and then had the nerve to leave after 4 years of working for those two geniuses Cantor and Gross to take one of only 32 NFL head coaching jobs. You can't bounce back from that!

I watched and they have a pretty nice base. D is tough as nails. They have the big back they can pound (Fournette is going to be beaten to death but...). He is going to play just like he did at Buffalo - play the clock, play field position and hold on. If his game management skills improve and their QB improves at all, they are going to win some games.

Well yes he called Syracuse his dream job and then had the nerve to leave after 4 years of working for those two geniuses Cantor and Gross to take one of only 32 NFL head coaching jobs. You can't bounce back from that!
Yup. Poor dumb Doug. He collects $4M for doing nothing + 2 years of paychecks for working as an assistant and now this!

He showed at SU and at Buffalo that he's a good judge of talent. And, oddly, he brings good defense with him wherever he goes. He just didn't excel at recruiting.
He's forgiven, but I sure wish he had taken his dream job further before bailing on us.

I wish my Bengals would have fired Marvin Lewis 3 years ago and hired D Marrone.

Marrone and Coughlin will be a tough combo in the AFC South and will win division this year!

He showed at SU and at Buffalo that he's a good judge of talent. And, oddly, he brings good defense with him wherever he goes. He just didn't excel at recruiting.
He's forgiven, but I sure wish he had taken his dream job further before bailing on us.

Feel like he was on the verge of making us a program that consistently wins 6-9 games a year with a floor of 4 or 5 wins in rebuilding years.

I wish my Bengals would have fired Marvin Lewis 3 years ago and hired D Marrone.

Marrone and Coughlin will be a tough combo in the AFC South and will win division this year!
Lewis is incredible; 2nd only to Belichick in tenure, and only coach in Top 5 tenure without a SB ring. Oh by way, never won a playoff game...

No problem with Doug but Come on they won 1 game against a Tom Savage led Texans. The D looked good but O is still suspect. It doesn't hurt that the AFC South is a steaming pile of crap.

They have the Jets, Browns, Niners, Colts (twice) left on the schedule.

If they beat Tennessee at home this week they have a good shot at at least 4-2 in the division and 8 or 9 wins.

No problem with Doug but Come on they won 1 game against a Tom Savage led Texans. The D looked good but O is still suspect. It doesn't hurt that the AFC South is a steaming pile of crap.

You have to remember the AFC South is terrible, the Colts are junk, the Texans well you see what happened to them and the Titans seasons rest squarely on the shoulders of Marcus M...

The biggest problem in J-Ville is their QB

I was/am a huge Marrone fan, he was a great hire for SU, the best since coach P imo. Gerg took the program into the abyss and Marrone, in a relatively short amount of time, rescued it and brought it back to respectability. Really, that feat was miraculous in and of itself coming out of the Mariana Trench. After crushing WVA in that last Pinstripe Bowl, I hadn't felt that good about the football program since the McNabb days. Unfortunately, that feeling didn't last, as shortly thereafter he had shuffled off to Buffalo.

Maybe he would've stayed if the powers that be at that time weren't so hell bent on spending any coin to improve the facilities. It wasn't until after he left when SU began to improve the much needed facility upgrades and additions. In my opinion, had he not left, along with all these recent upgrades, we'd be in the top 25 today.

Just as the Browns once had a winner in Belichick, SU had in Marrone.

Last edited: