Class of 2022 - Jai Smith (Ludden / NC) | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 Jai Smith (Ludden / NC)

That G League is a player development utopia though. Just a paradise. You get there, and you’re GOOD.

So I’ve been told by every poster who tries to make you feel guilty if you want Syracuse to be good.
What if he isn't an NBA player? Then what? You gamble on yourself, but when your pro career is over in short order, can you go back to college? Will you? For some guys, the gamble is greater than for others.

These dumb rules and money hungry agents are ruining more kids careers in things other than just basketball by telling them to leave or feeding them information. Imo this is never brought up when it clearly out ways the positives of one and done and nil rules.

These dumb rules and money hungry agents are ruining more kids careers in things other than just basketball by telling them to leave or feeding them information. Imo this is never brought up when it clearly out ways the positives of one and done and nil rules.
Sadly sometimes it’s the parents driving their dream through their child too. The old if “I had a parent like I am for my child, I would have been a star too”. It’s too often the male sports equivalent of those “stage mothers”.

Sadly sometimes it’s the parents driving their dream through their child too. The old if “I had a parent like I am for my child, I would have been a star too”. It’s too often the male sports equivalent of those “stage mothers”.
A lot of poor families dream about their child becoming a pro athlete or successful musician as a way of escaping their current situation. Sometimes they aren’t willing to wait a few years longer and take the leap too soon, often because they’re being fed bad info from handlers. If only they would see education as a path to escaping their situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom