Class of 2015 - Jake Cooper | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Jake Cooper

Shocking that Penn St coaches are in a locker room. Think they checked out the showers?

Shocking that Penn St coaches are in a locker room. Think they checked out the showers?
Thats called a hallway. Don't know the last time you were in a high school but lockers for students are now put in these really long corridors

Is that Bill Shakespeare over there? It was a joke bro.

I think this board takes a horrible atrocity and makes a joke out of it a little too much. There are some things to joke about and limits to the amount before it gets annoying. A good penn st joke here or there between friends I can tolerate, but to post on a public message board (And almost every post about PSU on here jokes about their scandal) is a bit disconcerting to say the least. I just think the whole "Ped" State crap gets a little immature on here. We sound like petulant kids who wish we had a football program as good as Penn St (Minus the whole coverup thing obviously) and use this as a crutch to make ourselves look better

I think this board takes a horrible atrocity and makes a joke out of it a little too much. There are some things to joke about and limits to the amount before it gets annoying. A good penn st joke here or there between friends I can tolerate, but to post on a public message board (And almost every post about PSU on here jokes about their scandal) is a bit disconcerting to say the least. I just think the whole "Ped" State crap gets a little immature on here. We sound like petulant kids who wish we had a football program as good as Penn St (Minus the whole coverup thing obviously) and use this as a crutch to make ourselves look better

You had me until "I think..." Your first comment was kind of funny even if unintentional. Take a chill pill. That's an awkward picture that's fair to make fun of.

Rutgers offers linebacker Jacob Cooper

Nevertheless, Rutgers head coach Kyle Flood managed – unintentionally – a way to make the day they offered Cooper more special than most.

"The funny thing is I picked up that offer, and I was able to see coach Flood that night. He went to the All-Catholic banquet and spoke there," said Cooper. "So I got to bump into him, which was nice."

Rutgers defensive backs coach Darrell Wilson handled the honors of extending Cooper his tender when he stopped by his high school Tuesday. It's fitting that Wilson would relay the good news as he is the point person for Cooper's recruitment.

"I'm very close with coach Wilson," said Cooper. "I've gotten a very good opportunity to be with him a couple times, and he's a great guy. We are very close in that aspect and I'm happy I picked up an offer from him."

Cooper maintains a high opinion of the Scarlet Knights.

"I like them a lot," he said. "Rutgers is close to home, and I have a few teammates up there from Wood teams before. And I like what they are doing with the program. They are going in the right direction. I've seen the facilities and its top notch stuff up there."

The standout linebacker has received positive feedback about the Rutgers experience from his former teammates. But one sings Rutgers' praises more than the others.

"They love it, they can't get enough of it," said Cooper. "I get the opportunity to talk to Nick (Arcidiacono) a lot because I was close with him when he was at Wood. And he was in the mix as a freshman. And he's doing well for himself so he's not complaining at all."

Cooper says he intends to visit Rutgers as well as other institutions this spring. Penn State, Stanford, Michigan State and Georgia Tech are the schools most aggressively recruiting Cooper, that have yet to offer.

Don't bother. This has been discussed before and you will be hammered for it. Some believe that the constant joking and references to Ped State are simply giving them what they deserve. I have also heard that it keeps it in the forefront of people's minds. However, I will say this once again for anyone who listens. I have a friend who runs an organization for sexually abused children. He himself has dealt with a child who was abused, and he has conveyed to me the group is concerned over people casually joking about the abuses. He has spoken about the Penn State scandal specifically. Whether we agree or not, the constant joking around minimizes the atrocities in the view of families affected by this horrible trauma. Continue if you will I am nobody's parent, but with that knowledge I myself have chosen not to make light of the situation.

I will hop off of my soap box now..

Don't bother. This has been discussed before and you will be hammered for it. Some believe that the constant joking and references to Ped State are simply giving them what they deserve. I have also heard that it keeps it in the forefront of people's minds. However, I will say this once again for anyone who listens. I have a friend who runs an organization for s e x ually abused children. He himself has dealt with a child who was abused, and he has conveyed to me the group is concerned over people casually joking about the abuses. He has spoken about the Penn State scandal specifically. Whether we agree or not, the constant joking around minimizes the atrocities in the view of families affected by this horrible trauma. Continue if you will I am nobody's parent, but with that knowledge I myself have chosen not to make light of the situation.

I will hop off of my soap box now..

Understand you concerns but there is another point of view. When asked why he did so many comedies about the Nazis, Mel Brooks said, "The only way to get even with anybody is to ridicule them," he said. "So, the only real way I could get even with Hitler and company was to bring them down with laughter."

Ridicule does not minimize the situation but rather it does just the opposite by keeping it in the forefront of our minds. As far as the program is concerned many of us believe the program is more responsible for the cover up than the cast of players. The program became more important than anything else at PSU and that is simply unacceptable to most of us.

I will probably keep on ridiculing PSU for a long time to come.

Last edited:
Understand you concerns but there is another point of view. When asked why he did so many comedies about the Nazis, Mel Brooks said, "The only way to get even with anybody is to ridicule them," he said. "So, the only real way I could get even with Hitler and company was to bring them down with laughter."

Ridicule does not minimize the situation but rather it does just the opposite by keeping it in the forefront of our minds. As far as the program is concerned many of us believe the program is more responsible for the cover up than the cast of players. The program became more important than anything else at PSU and that is simply unacceptable to most of us.

I will probably keep on ridiculing PSU for a long time to come.

As I said I am nobody's parent. My hope was that some would recognize the impact some of the ridicule has on those most closely effected by abuse. The abused aren't asking for people to make jokes about kids being raped in showers. Feel free to ridicule PSU I agree they deserve it, but my thought is make sure it doesn't fall across the line of simply making rape jokes, because thats what the locker room/shower jokes are. Also I have yet to find a Mel Brooks on this board, a lot of this falls on the side of actually being clever and witty. Not just making a crack about the showers for the sake of it.

This conversation needs to move off cooper's thread. It's not appropriate here as much as the stupid comments are no longer appropriate. Since it is here: Crusty - you are entitled to your beliefs. But you and others are less than " common " for doing it. It it tasteless, shows little class, and does not raise any awareness or whatever other bs has been stated. The tragedy that occurred is horrible and this garbage belittles the victims of the tragedy. Come at me If you like. The reason why I stop posting on this site is because of this. Syracuse is bigger than any of us on these boards. We should maintain a higher standard than anyone posts crap like this.

You are right. Wrong place wrong time. I will refrain from any further posts on the subject. As for the original intention of the thread seems like this kids recruitment is picking up some steam. Hopefully we are still well involved.

This conversation needs to move off cooper's thread. It's not appropriate here as much as the stupid comments are no longer appropriate. Since it is here: Crusty - you are entitled to your beliefs. But you and others are less than " common " for doing it. It it tasteless, shows little class, and does not raise any awareness or whatever other bs has been stated. The tragedy that occurred is horrible and this garbage belittles the victims of the tragedy. Come at me If you like. The reason why I stop posting on this site is because of this. Syracuse is bigger than any of us on these boards. We should maintain a higher standard than anyone posts crap like this.

Blah, Blah, Blah!!! Lighten up francis.

I don't recall a single post on this board that has joked about the tragedy - quite the opposite as everyone expressed horror. I do not recall one single comment that made a joke at the expense of the abused. Yes, PSU has been ridiculed and rightly so but I fail to see how that should arose your self-righteous outrage. They deserve every bit of ridicule they get.
If we were to listen to you the topic would not be discussed at all.

If we were to follow your advice and not mention it in public the issue would be relegated to the shadows and soon forgotten. Sweeping it under the rug is exactly what created the issue in the first place. Maybe you should try to get over yourself.

Last edited:
I don't recall a single post on this board that has joked about the tragedy - quite the opposite as everyone expressed horror. I do not recall one single comment that made a joke at the expense of the abused. Yes, PSU has been ridiculed and rightly so but I fail to see how that should arose your self-righteous outrage. They deserve every bit of ridicule they get.
If we were to listen to you the topic would not be discussed at all.

If we were to follow your advice and not mention it in public the issue would be relegated to the shadows and soon forgotten. Sweeping it under the rug is exactly what created the issue in the first place. Maybe you should try to get over yourself.

No one ever said sweep it under the rug. If it happened to someone you knew, you would understand. Unfortunately you don't get it, and I pray for your sake that you never do.

PSU has officially offered. Gonna be a tough pull. Kids smack dab in PSU country!

hopefully he doesnt want to be associated with child rape.

i saw an interview where he said he wants to play in the Big Ten. Seems like a prototypical Big Ten MLB

I still feel PSU should hav ebeen given the death penalty. As you can, what they got didn't do anything to them. Such a shame.

i saw an interview where he said he wants to play in the Big Ten. Seems like a prototypical Big Ten MLB

read that too... unfortunate cause he'd be a great MLB for us as well!

read that too... unfortunate cause he'd be a great MLB for us as well!
He may still end up here, who knows, but if he goes elsewhere, I won't be too upset after the lb haul the coaches brought in this year.

Sounds like Cooper will be giving Penn St a verbal on 2/24

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom