Jake, is SU a serious contender for Chris Walker? | Syracusefan.com

Jake, is SU a serious contender for Chris Walker?

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Noel and Walker as a '13 class would be ridiculous...

For those unfamiliar w/ Walker, he is a 6'10 215 lb, #2 power forward in nation, apparently good friends with Nerlens Noel

Walker visited Kansas along with tarjwski (orsomething like that... the big Center from New England) ... says his list is down to Kansas, Florida,and Kentucky and it sounds like Kansas is pretty muchin the lead right now for the big man.That would be a heart breaker for Kentucky b/c it sounds like they thought he was a wrap.

I don't know, just checked out his offer list earlier today.

Funny thing about that "offer" list on Scout, tho. I'm not saying we have offered Walker but sometimes I question the credability of that list. For example, it has that we offered Jefferson and yet he claims that SU has never offered a schollie ... BTW, I believe we have in this case. But I have run across articles that say we have made offers and yet Scout says we haven't and visa versa. Who knows altho I don't think we have a shot in hell for Walker and I haven't heard of a lot of interest for him from SU ... whiich tells me that he has never been interested in us b/c I can't believe that at some time we weren't interested in him.

...At their request, this network is being blocked from this site.; rivals, and espn insider have all been wrong a high percentage who has and has not been offered. Information comes from the athlete as well as the school...so beside puffery by athlete you also have strategic comments by schools that are not always the case...so; being wrong in this case is like the weather person...try to get it right but not quite.

Are Okonoboh and Noel a likely package deal? I would think that if Noel comes so does Goodluck, which wouldn't leave much room @PF. Not even mentioning DC2 or that Walker would likely be behind a veteran Junior Rakeem Xmas.

Funny thing about that "offer" list on Scout, tho. I'm not saying we have offered Walker but sometimes I question the credability of that list. For example, it has that we offered Jefferson and yet he claims that SU has never offered a schollie ... BTW, I believe we have in this case. But I have run across articles that say we have made offers and yet Scout says we haven't and visa versa. Who knows altho I don't think we have a shot in hell for Walker and I haven't heard of a lot of interest for him from SU ... whiich tells me that he has never been interested in us b/c I can't believe that at some time we weren't interested in him.
Sounds like Rak's recruitment

We certainly would be heavy in that area ... If are able to get DC2 (2012) and Noel does reclassify to 2012 that would put us backed up at the 4 & 5 (Fab, Keita, Coleman, Noel, Rak). If Goodluck comes than we add another to the parking lot. I'm not sure that Okonoboh and Noel would necessarily have to be a package deal ... Noel has many offers that Okonoboh doesn't have. It would certainly be a situation that would rattle JB's cage with all those 4 & 5's ... Has SU ever been in that kind of situation before? We would be shorton the 3 with only CJ and Grant I believe.

Noel has many offers that Okonoboh doesn't have.

That doesn't say much though, Noel is a top 5 talent... tons of schools will toss him an offer just at the chance, while Okoboboh is just outside that tier, & they essentially play the same position.

I can't even dream of a Xmas, Noel & Okonoboh frontcourt though... that would be a 2-3 zone defense dream team. You'd have to hit nothing but 15+ footers and dunks to score against that lineup.

That is exactly right ... I was going to add that in my post but said.. "Nah"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom