Jake Pickard update... | Syracusefan.com

Jake Pickard update...

Too bad. He’s one of those players who’ll graduate and you’ll hardly be able to recall him ever playing.

Did he play at all during the spring?

Best of luck to the young man. That's no doubt tough to handle. I watched him at times last year on the sidelines and was always engaged, working the crowd and supporting his teammates.

Jake should go for another year. Not because he is going to see much action but because he has done his best and if he can get 70k towards his masters he deserves it.

This kid can’t seem to catch a break. Highly recruited out of high school and has rarely seen the field due to injuries. I remember it was between Syracuse and Michigan and Jake chose Cuse. I hope he gets an extra year to show what he can really do.

This kid can’t seem to catch a break. Highly recruited out of high school and has rarely seen the field due to injuries. I remember it was between Syracuse and Michigan and Jake chose Cuse. I hope he gets an extra year to show what he can really do.
Agree with all this. Best wishes to Jake for a full recovery and some playing time soon. It must be unbelievably frustrating to work so hard each off season and get no reward on game days.

It was cuse and wisconsin but agree with the rest.

Under the new NCAA rule if he plays 4 games or less will he be eligable for another year ?

Yea and he was also committed to wisconsin prior to syracuse. Wisconsin was the primary competition, not michigan.
If I recall, Harbaugh tried to pull his last minute sleepover to get him. There was a huge blizzard and a majority of our staff managed to drive to his NJ home for our own sleepover while Jimmy was stuck on the runway (maybe not literally on the runway, but there was a belief that the storm worked to our advantage. That said, it is correct that Wisconsin was the major threat. He was a TE prospect, but both us and UW recruited him as a DE. Wisky was pushing the JJ Watt model.

Looking forward in seeing you play in the Dome again Jake, you can beat this.

Yea and he was also committed to wisconsin prior to syracuse. Wisconsin was the primary competition, not michigan.
But Michigan was showing interest. Nobody said Harbaugh spent the night at his house the night before signing day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom