Class of 2014 - Jakeenan Gant | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Jakeenan Gant

Is that HAK's old high school tape?

Not as impressed as with other recent recruits. Decent post game, nice footwork, good slashing floater... but really awkward stroke that is too slow and too low to work at the next level.

Found him on Rivals. He is a big time recruit with offers from a lot of big time programs, including ACC schools. He is a 4 star plus...

He's from a town called Effingham? Why won't the moderators allow the posting of the real name (rhymes with "Buckingham.")?

He reminds me a lot of former SU recruit [who ended up at Florida] Alex Tyus.

His current rankings
Scout 38
Rivals 23
ESPN 37
247 15

We need him because Grant is 2 and done!
You calling that one out already huh? I don't doubt the talent and upside but I don't even think he starts next year. CJ will be back and you'll have either both bigs back or even if one leaves, Dakari wouldn't be coming to come off the bench. On the other hand Dion went top 5 off the bench, so what do I know lol.

You calling that one out already huh? I don't doubt the talent and upside but I don't even think he starts next year. CJ will be back and you'll have either both bigs back or even if one leaves, Dakari wouldn't be coming to come off the bench. On the other hand Dion went top 5 off the bench, so what do I know lol.

Exactly he will come off the bench and light people up!

Not as impressed as with other recent recruits. Decent post game, nice footwork, good slashing floater... but really awkward stroke that is too slow and too low to work at the next level.
Really?!? You must be joking

You do realize that video is from the end of last season correct? He should be 15 or so in the video!

At this point, I have to admit I can't see why CJ would automatically start over Grant next year, outside of Boeheim upperclassman loyalty. It could be another 6th man/higher minutes thingy, though.

And CJ and Grant aren't identical position players anyway. SU is still starving for a true 4 who can rebound fiercely and hit threes. Grant could grow into that. And CJ's other disadvantage is that he's not really being made a specific part of the offense when DC is being primed for some wing action. CJ is my fave player, but he's not even our official 3.

What do you think of his game, Francis? Can he shoot enough to play the 3?

What do you think of his game, Francis? Can he shoot enough to play the 3?
It's funny because the first full game that I watched of McCullough, he was going up against Gant in an AAU tourney final. Even though McCullough presented the higher upside, I was impressed with Gant and thought he had the better game overall. I have to see him some more to determine how consistent his shot is from the outside, but he definitely looks like an SU forward who would wreck havoc in the zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom