Jalen Carey on recuperation from surgery, day-to-day work, future | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jalen Carey on recuperation from surgery, day-to-day work, future

He has shown he can carry the offense????? He's scored 3 PPG with 1 apg on 36% shooting and 1.6 TO in limited time on the court. He's not been good. He wasn't good in Italy either. Just because people run fast and jump high does not make them good at basketball. I am sorry if that sounds harsh, but he looks worse than Kaleb Joseph from a basketball perspective. I don't see any skill anywhere.

He had those 2 big games down at MSG a year ago.

JoeG has been very good this year. I can't wait until he starts putting up 30 and we will put an end to this nonsense about who should be the point guard.

Honestly, I don't like Joe as my full-time starting PG. I think he is a ballsy player, I love having him on the team. But to me, he should be a 6th man. I think running the point while he's learning the job against physically more imposing players has taken a toll on his shooting. Of our Big 3 from Deep, he is shooting the lowest percentage, but he may actually be the best shooter of the bunch. I think the difference is fatigue.

He had those 2 big games down at MSG a year ago.
I would say that it was more one big game against UConn and a competent game against Oregon. But he did keep us in the UConn game.

Honestly, I don't like Joe as my full-time starting PG. I think he is a ballsy player, I love having him on the team. But to me, he should be a 6th man. I think running the point while he's learning the job against physically more imposing players has taken a toll on his shooting. Of our Big 3 from Deep, he is shooting the lowest percentage, but he may actually be the best shooter of the bunch. I think the difference is fatigue.
For a freshman shooting them at high volume, Girard has shot the deep ball pretty well, but his shot selection leaves something to be desired at times. I don't think fatigue is a factor, as he's had some big second halves and hit some critical shots late in several games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom