Jalen Carey on recuperation from surgery, day-to-day work, future | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jalen Carey on recuperation from surgery, day-to-day work, future

He gone. If he was gonna stay, he would have come out and said so directly IMO.
No reason for him to make any declarations. Whether he stays or goes probably depends on a lot of things, including how the staff deals with him and speaks to him from this point-forward. If i were him, i'd be deciding based on the relationship with the coach(es), as well as an assessment of other potential landing spots and what those other coaches might be able to offer. And that probably depends on where all the remaining prospects have to sign.

Saying, right now, that he's staying would require a type of 'loyalty' that is not a reasonable expectation. We have no idea how encouraging or discouraging JB has been toward his return or transfer.

Carey may still be a great player, but I see him as a Kaleb Joseph type of player.

I always trust actions and body language and he didn’t look too happy on the bench. Unless he improves a ton he’s not going to play much.
I thought the body language doctors on this board were just a myth but here we are

He has shown he can carry the offense????? He's scored 3 PPG with 1 apg on 36% shooting and 1.6 TO in limited time on the court. He's not been good. He wasn't good in Italy either. Just because people run fast and jump high does not make them good at basketball. I am sorry if that sounds harsh, but he looks worse than Kaleb Joseph from a basketball perspective. I don't see any skill anywhere.
Yes he has shown that ability! He has done it in the past. He was injured while playing in Italy... just because he can run faster and jump higher?? No because he is just a good player who can be great. If you are talking Kaleb look at our current pg. no clue what to do with the ball. There is a reason why our +- is so much better with HoWash playing.

Yes he has shown that ability! He has done it in the past. He was injured while playing in Italy... just because he can run faster and jump higher?? No because he is just a good player who can be great. If you are talking Kaleb look at our current pg. no clue what to do with the ball. There is a reason why our +- is so much better with HoWash playing.

Based on one game? No. How about use facts. Girard is the better player. HoWa had a better plus minus on Saturday. Big deal. Go watch the Virginia game. Girard is one of the main reasons we won.

Based on one game? No. How about use facts. Girard is the better player. HoWa had a better plus minus on Saturday. Big deal. Go watch the Virginia game. Girard is one of the main reasons we won.
I do use facts. Maybe you should do the same. One game. Be. HoWash one game. Again bs

I'm just confused now regarding what "facts" are!

Not for nothing, but by some of the numbers, JGIII is a better defender than Buddy.

I was surprised to see him come back after December. Maybe that is a indication that he will stay.
I think it was difficult for him to play pg. It seems like his more natural position would be at the 2 or 3 spot. That would allow him to defend and look to score instead of worrying about running the offense. My memory was that he was not a pg in high school.
I agree if he stays he could be a great contributor coming off the bench or playing the 2 and moving buddy to the 3 if Hughes leaves. Possible options.
Time will tell.

Anyone who comprehends the basketball they are watching at all would say that JG3 is better than Howard Washington and deserves the minutes that he gets. And its insulting to compare him to Kaleb Joseph.

He averages 3.6 assists to 2.1 turnovers along with 12 ppg, which I would say is more than solid for a freshman who wasn't even starting at the beginning of the season. You won't hear a complaint from me if he's our starting point guard for the next three and a half years.

Anyone who comprehends the basketball they are watching at all would say that JG3 is better than Howard Washington and deserves the minutes that he gets. And its insulting to compare him to Kaleb Joseph.

He averages 3.6 assists to 2.1 turnovers along with 12 ppg, which I would say is more than solid for a freshman who wasn't even starting at the beginning of the season. You won't hear a complaint from me if he's our starting point guard for the next three and a half years.
Anyone that watches basketball and comprehends what they are watching knows that is not true. You can go look at the last few game threads to see the majority of the people clambering to get HoWash back in the game’s because he was much better than Girard

Anyone that watches basketball and comprehends what they are watching knows that is not true. You can go look at the last few game threads to see the majority of the people clambering to get HoWash back in the game’s because he was much better than Girard
Because emotional in-game fan posts represent season-long truths.

He had some better results than Girard for a few spans of time. Sure. Doesn't mean he's "better than Girard."

Yeah Girard was terrible against BC when he has 12 points on 6 shots and we won by 30 points. Or the Virginia game where he played 40 minutes and was our leading scorer on less shots than Eli or Buddy.

Everyone in basketball has bad games every now and the, I get the feeling his performance against VT Saturday was more confirmation bias for you than anything else. The kid has balls of steel and has already shown he's not scared of and can stay composed in the big moment. Washington should absolutely play but to insinuate he's better than JG3 because he had one better game is insane.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle. I’m a HoWash fan, but don’t want him taking all of Joe’s minutes. There needs to be a rotation so that neither Joe nor Buddy play more than 30-32 minutes per game. It will help all three be more effective.

Yeah Girard was terrible against BC when he has 12 points on 6 shots and we won by 30 points. Or the Virginia game where he played 40 minutes and was our leading scorer on less shots than Eli or Buddy.

Everyone in basketball has bad games every now and the, I get the feeling his performance against VT Saturday was more confirmation bias for you than anything else. The kid has balls of steel and has already shown he's not scared of and can stay composed in the big moment. Washington should absolutely play but to insinuate he's better than JG3 because he had one better game is insane.
You’re showing a bit of your own bias here. That’s cool. We all see the game through our own filters of bias. I know I do.

Lol. Howard is smooth and handles the ball well but he has zero offense. Hes no threat to score. Girard is definitely better and he’s only a freshman. There’s no comparison. Howards been in the system for a few years and understands the flow of the offense. He’s good at spot minutes.

You’re showing a bit of your own bias here. That’s cool. We all see the game through our own filters of bias. I know I do.
Absolutely, he had a subpar game Saturday and I'm sure he'll have another before the season is over. Life of a freshman. I'm also a Washington fan, I don't want what I've said to come across as otherwise. I think I'd rather have him on the floor than Carey.

Absolutely, he had a subpar game Saturday and I'm sure he'll have another before the season is over. Life of a freshman. I'm also a Washington fan, I don't want what I've said to come across as otherwise. I think I'd rather have him on the floor than Carey.
Absolutely right about Joe being a freshman. It’s a ton to ask and he’s doing well.

Will be interested to see Jalen play healthy again to see how much his rough play this year was him vs the injury.

Absolutely right about Joe being a freshman. It’s a ton to ask and he’s doing well.

Will be interested to see Jalen play healthy again to see how much his rough play this year was him vs the injury.
I won't be shocked either way he decides but I do hope he stays because I think there's potential if he can learn to slow down and play within himself and our offense. Beyond that, competition is always a good thing and there would be plenty of that among our guards.

What good does it do Jalen to act like a malcontent on the bench? His behavior during games or his comments in this article tell us very little about what he'll do. You could argue that presenting himself in a positive manner on the bench and in interviews makes him more attractive as a transfer candidate. Other coaches will conclude that it wasn't because he was pushed out for being a troublemaker that he's leaving. And before people respond to me by saying that coaches have better sources than the fans to suss out whether a kid will help them and not be a drag on team chemistry, remember Geno Thorpe.

The truth lies somewhere in the middle. I’m a HoWash fan, but don’t want him taking all of Joe’s minutes. There needs to be a rotation so that neither Joe nor Buddy play more than 30-32 minutes per game. It will help all three be more effective.

Except his original post was about Carey being better than Girard which is not even remotely true. Pretty sure if that was the case then Jalen doesn’t shut it down because he was benched before that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom