Jalen Carey...what gives?! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jalen Carey...what gives?!

"binocular psychoanalysis" : The practice of looking at a player on the bench and determining what is going on in his mind.
As far as I can tell the only binocular psychoanalysis that's worth anything is figuring out the timing of JB's booger digging.

Yes...by this type of analysis Frank has already transferred twice.

I think he was on the way out the door after his sophomore year but things change.

And the binoculars crowd was certain he was sulking all the time with a terrible attitude.

If you can't see the change in Frank then I don't know what to tell you.

Entering with a senior PG and a junior who is the best player on the team in front of him should have let him know he wasn't going to play "a lot" but your point is totally valid. I wonder if his frustration level is high because instead of "some" minutes he's now getting zero minutes. It's extremely likely that he has been told exactly what he needs to do to get minutes (hit shots and don't turn the ball over). He needs to figure out how to do that.

That being said, I look at his face and I wonder if he is rethinking his options as well.
I understand that and totally agree with you. I really hope that doesn't happen because I still think he can become a really good player. he has the physical ability to be awesome but he's a freshman you know that happens sometimes. I'm pretty sure he'll be given the keys next season so you would think he'd be rational and stay put but I don't know, you just never know these days with this program sometimes. It just feels like when it rains it pours sometimes around here. But that can be me overreacting at the same time because you know I'm such a fan, I always want us to be great because I know we can be!

Entering with a senior PG and a junior who is the best player on the team in front of him should have let him know he wasn't going to play "a lot" but your point is totally valid. I wonder if his frustration level is high because instead of "some" minutes he's now getting zero minutes. It's extremely likely that he has been told exactly what he needs to do to get minutes (hit shots and don't turn the ball over). He needs to figure out how to do that.

That being said, I look at his face and I wonder if he is rethinking his options as well.
yeah I hope that option was explained to him at the very beginning and if not then at least when his play took a turn for the worse so not blindsided by it But I don't think coach handles his players that way. Like I said I don't think he will leave but you just never know in situations like this. I would really like to see him get 5 minutes of game time just to see him and some game situations would help over time. he has too much talent to continue to play that poorly you play through it . I don't think him being on the bench is helping him at all, but I'll leave this to coach you know I'm sure he knows how to handle the situation I'm sure he'll get in the game so I'll just wait
and see. plus those minutes he would get in the game you can give battle a couple more minutes rest because I just don't want him to be worn out when we need him the most come tourney time which I probably think happened last year.

Given his playing time is anyone worried that Carey transfers next year?

Before the season or in the offseason no way.

He’s still a highly ranked recruit who showed up looking pretty good our first few games.

If he gets sub 10 minutes the first few games next year maybe.

I think an off-season to hit the reset button is all he needs and he’ll be fine next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom