Jalen transferring? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Jalen transferring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he has not played well in acc play in very limited minutes but he has to get a little run, imo. Let’s not act like players ahead of him in frank and buddy are tuned in and effective every night.

Then don't recruit headcases, malcontents, and mid-major talents. However you look at it, the fault lies with the coaches.
That's LOL funny. Every kid that plays major college basketball thinks he should be starting and playing 35 minutes a game and thinks he can play in the NBA. No one wants bench time.

I wonder how much his pops is in his ear. I remember him being veryyyy vocal during his recruiting process. Jalen also said the goal was to be two and done. Transferring wont help that

That's LOL funny. Every kid that plays major college basketball thinks he should be starting and playing 35 minutes a game and thinks he can play in the NBA. No one wants bench time.

Why is it that we always seem to wind up with the ones who don't want to wait their turn? Somebody needs to explain this incredible coincidence.

I know he has not played well in acc play in very limited minutes but he has to get a little run, imo. Let’s not act like players ahead of him in frank and buddy are tuned in and effective every night.
stop. There is a difference between not playing well or not shooting well and being a disaster. Carey consistently turns the ball over for opposing teams layups. I wish nothing best for the kid but he kills us out there.

Why is it that we always seem to wind up with the ones who don't want to wait their turn? Somebody needs to explain this incredible coincidence.
Maybe if you read this article you will realize it's not a Syracuse issue. 40% of all college basketball players end up on a different team by the end of their sophomore season and a total of 704 players transferred last season
Tracking transfer in Division I Men’s Basketball

Uconn bound lol. Would suck to lose him because hes definitely talented...I get the frustration but jeesh what happened to college kids developing. Sometimes freshman dont see the court, it's nothing new. We have had higher ranked incoming freshman barely play and it turns out ok for them as long as they stick it out. Kids want immediate playing time and that's not guaranteed unless your showing the goods. Gotta be frustrating for the coaching staff as much as it is for the kids/parents. We'll be ok if he leaves...goodine/jg3/quincy all coming in with the guys we already have. No need to bring in a transfer. I'm guessing his pops is in his ear big time.

We didn't miss him. He put up some points on a lousy team. he should have red shirted here but his camp wouldn't let him.
Not true. JB hasn't connected with the players for a long time. Hop was the glue. The program isnt solid at this point. Fact.

stop. There is a difference between not playing well or not shooting well and being a disaster. Carey consistently turns the ball over for opposing teams layups. I wish nothing best for the kid but he kills us out there.

Who recruited him? Who was counting on him to start until Battle changed his mind? It's enough with blaming the kids.

Boeheim is a short term thinker. He's always been one. It has its advantages because every game is life or death but it has its disadvantages too, which we've seen on the roster development side of things endlessly.

Just to be clear I never said he would play in the NBA. But he will be drafted. Big difference.
I think he’s too up and down from one game to the next to get drafted when someone can take a risk on a younger and equally as talented player. I mean if he somehow goes en fuego the rest of the year which I don’t see happening he would be late 2nd round at best and then never play in the NBA. That’s my opinion.

I thought OB was our best shot at an NBA player last year going into this year but he has regressed most of the year until lately and i saw him as a 2nd rounder in one mock draft this year.

I mean Buddy has been mostly terrific.

Frank has been bad but at least he can bring the ball up and pass it to the wing to initiate the offense. Jalen has been turning it over at an unbelievable rate.

Essentially ur asking JB to keep playing Nate Peterman.

We didn't miss him. He put up some points on a lousy team. he should have red shirted here but his camp wouldn't let him.

Jalen > BJ

I get what Dreaming is saying, a lot. But sometimes a freshman is a freshman.

I don’t think he plays next year either. He can’t dribble or shoot, so how can you put him on the floor. He has shown me nothing this year except he’s a good rebounder. He has to put a lot of work in his game if he expects to play in this league. He hasn’t done anything more than Joseph. Joseph actually turned the ball over less than Carey. If you compare him to White, another freshman point guard from North Carolina, he’s not in the same stratosphere. If he wants to leave, tell him the road goes both ways!

Who recruited him? Who was counting on him to start until Battle changed his mind? It's enough with blaming the kids.

Boeheim is a short term thinker. He's always been one. It has its advantages because every game is life or death but it has its disadvantages too, which we've seen on the roster development side of things endlessly.
I don't know that he was going to start if Battle didn't come back. That might have been a hope until he proved he couldn't bring the ball up without it getting stripped.

We'll be ok if he leaves...goodine/jg3/quincy all coming in with the guys we already have. No need to bring in a transfer.

I feel like if you went back in time one year, you would see posts that said "we'll be OK if Geno Thorpe transfers, because we have Jalen Carey coming in." Or "we'll be OK if Ennis leaves early, because we have this kid Kaleb Joseph coming in."

I know many will disagree, but I honestly believe that Carey is just one good game from "clicking" similar to how Dion Waiters was mediocre much of his freshman year then seemed to turn it on later in the season. He just needs a little more slack work with.

Okay I will stop. Thanks.

I think he’s too up and down from one game to the next to get drafted when someone can take a risk on a younger and equally as talented player. I mean if he somehow goes en fuego the rest of the year which I don’t see happening he would be late 2nd round at best and then never play in the NBA. That’s my opinion.

I thought OB was our best shot at an NBA player last year going into this year but he has regressed most of the year until lately and i saw him as a 2nd rounder in one mock draft this year.

It's all relative. When you go down the list and get to 40-60 you'll see a lot of guys that have flaws and are very unlikely to be playing in the NBA. Plus he's a few credits away from graduating so what is another year in college going to do for him?

Maybe if you read this article you will realize it's not a Syracuse issue. 40% of all college basketball players end up on a different team by the end of their sophomore season and a total of 704 players transferred last season
Tracking transfer in Division I Men’s Basketball

That's fine if you're Duke and can recruit 5 A-As to replace them or some sh$t team where it makes little difference if they stick around or not. We're neither. Recruiting misses and development misses matter. They hurt the program. The fate of the program doesn't belong to transient players. It ultimately belongs to the coaches. Are you happy with another year on the bubble or worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom