Jalen | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jalen

JBs kid is just as poor defensively. He knows where to go (probably since he was 8 years old) but slow speed getting there. Carey doesn't always know where to be but gets there in a flash when he does, quick hands too. Both give up more shots than they make. Advantage Buddy. They both might surprise. Several underclassmen did in '03.
I was a Buddy-basher but his defense has definitely improved over the year. Yes he is slow of foot speed but he has learned to position himself better. Has good hands and has rebounded well as of late. Carey just isn't there mentally yet. Makes bad plays on offense whenever he tries to be aggressive and is out of position too often on defense. But I agree he has potential. Scares the hell out of me whenever he takes the floor.

I was a Buddy-basher but his defense has definitely improved over the year. Yes he is slow of foot speed but he has learned to position himself better. Has good hands and has rebounded well as of late. Carey just isn't there mentally yet. Makes bad plays on offense whenever he tries to be aggressive and is out of position too often on defense. But I agree he has potential. Scares the hell out of me whenever he takes the floor.
it hasnt though. too slow.

baylor with season-high 16 threes...not an accident that all these players/teams get their season high/career high in 3s vs this squad.

it hasnt though. too slow.

baylor with season-high 16 threes...not an accident that all these players/teams get their season high/career high in 3s vs this squad.
I agree. There is not one SU player who did not make multiple mistakes on defense. The defense just wasn't there this year as it has been in past years.

I agree. There is not one SU player who did not make multiple mistakes on defense. The defense just wasn't there this year as it has been in past years.

Very poor defensive effort. We don’t close out on shooters well. We didn’t box out well. Numerous times our guards leaked out instead of trying to rebound.

Very poor defensive effort. We don’t close out on shooters well. We didn’t box out well. Numerous times our guards leaked out instead of trying to rebound.
dont box out at all. why? its just a fundamental.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom