Jamar McGloster | Syracusefan.com

Jamar McGloster

A quick Google on the iPhone doesn't bring much up on him except his R and S profiles, which also show him as a commit.

Can't teach 6'7" 290 though.

Big kid. 6-7, 290. Coming off knee injury junior year. St. Anthony product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if this spot in the 2013 class is free because WW is in fact ineligible

Wonder if this spot in the 2013 class is free because WW is in fact ineligible
Seems as if we were recruiting another 2013 before that was known. That kid from Albany.

Wonder if he was going to prep for a year until we came in similar to some of our other recent additions? May have been a 2014 recruit on other schools boards?

For this class must be..

@EricWhiteCuse: Getting better each day!!!! #CUSE13 !? #YESSSS

Maybe Center initially was because of WW's spot.

Whether this kid ever contributes or not might not matter. Good gesture to try and get back into northern nj

Lets hope the PS has an article up soon. TOS has an interview up and its a crazy story.

and...
@SUonRivas: NEW #Syracuse commit Jamar Mcgloster was going to head to Milford for prep school, but he received a qualifying test score and SU came in.

@SUonRivas: NEW #Syracuse commit Jamar Mcgloster told me the plan is to red shirt this season. After that he said he will be an "animal" on the field.

@CuseNationF0X: McGloster has only been playing football for two years. He describes his hallway encounter that led him to SU & more http://t.co/WnqF4LUzTu

I love it -- numbers on the OL are the best way to recruit. This OT pops up four months after signing day. Another OT commits the summer before his senior year (hypothetically). I still say very few people know who'll be the better player 2-3 years later. Numbers are the key.

According to twitter- 2013 Jersey City (NJ) OT Jamar McGloster has committed to Syracuse

St Anthony's is one of the top football programs in New York State. They produce a lot of D1 prospects. With Jamar and Rob Welsh, another former Friar now on the roster, we are hopefully better positioned to land players from this Long Island powerhouse.

We missed out on our top prospects at OT in this class and had to go to the B list to fill it out. I like the approach; looking for raw athletes with the size and frame/potential to someday be excellent players. The kid from Albany was a baseball player who grew into a football player late. This one was a basketball player who grew into a football player late. Let's hope he works out sometime down the road.

St Anthony's is one of the top football programs in New York State. They produce a lot of D1 prospects. With Jamar and Rob Welsh, another former Friar now on the roster, we are hopefully better positioned to land players from this Long Island powerhouse.

We missed out on our top prospects at OT in this class and had to go to the B list to fill it out. I like the approach; looking for raw athletes with the size and frame/potential to someday be excellent players. The kid from Albany was a baseball player who grew into a football player late. This one was a basketball player who grew into a football player late. Let's hope he works out sometime down the road.

I know better than to question your knowledge base, but didn't this kid go to the St. Anthony's in Jersey City, NJ and play under Bob Hurley?

Ya, like 007 said, different St. Anthony's. Long Island vs. Jersey City. Different worlds.

and...

It's free now:
As he looked to enter high school, McGloster decided to attend St. Anthony’s to play basketball. Two years in, he was losing his love for the game. On a whim, he decided to try out for the football team as a junior. McGloster surprised everyone by making the team.

During his junior year, McGloster suffered an injury that ended season. As he puts it, that injury soured the relationship with his head football coach. During his senior season, despite recovering from his injury, he barely played. He wasn’t promoted by his coach, and therefore was not recruited.

There was no plan for college. McGloster was without a home, and unsure of his future. Then, on a random day in the spring, McGloster was walking down the hallway between classes when an encounter changed everything.

”Coming out of high school, I really didn’t have anybody,” McGloster explained. “It was kind of a strange situation. I really wasn’t going anywhere. One day I was walking down the hallway and Coach (Pat) Perles came in. He called me over and introduced himself. He talked to my coach and they had a long conversation.

”He asked where I was going to school and I didn’t have a school. He told my coach that he was going to try to change that. Next thing you know, I have a full scholarship to go toSyracuse. He changed my life.”
http://syracuse.sc out.com/2/1302699.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere when I was trying to find info on Jamar that the QB for the team that same year tore his ACL and was probably out for the season. Issues with preparation of the players maybe?

I read somewhere when I was trying to find info on Jamar that the QB for the team that same year tore his ACL and was probably out for the season. Issues with preparation of the players maybe?
tearing an ACL is just a freak accident. You can't really prepare for it, it's just landing or planting your leg in a weird way, or getting hit low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom