Jamar McGloster | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jamar McGloster

According to twitter- 2013 Jersey City (NJ) OT Jamar McGloster has committed to Syracuse
A self proclaimed "hard worker and I believe he is going to be that and more.:eek:

Not true
Do you care to elaborate? I'm sure Adrian peterson and Robert Griffin would say it was an unfortunate accident and had nothing to do with their preparation, training, and medical treatment. Same with Derrick Rose, Iman Shumpert, and the thousands of other pro athletes who've torn their ACL's and MCL's recently.

im not arguing your point about a freak accident, i should have been a little more clear unfortunately i hate trying to type on an iphone. My point is there are things you can do to decrease the chances of it happening and prepare your body for it. In football a lot of it can be technique, muscle strength, equipment, etc.

im not arguing your point about a freak accident, i should have been a little more clear unfortunately i hate trying to type on an iphone. My point is there are things you can do to decrease the chances of it happening and prepare your body for it. In football a lot of it can be technique, muscle strength, equipment, etc.

You can also increase the probability of damaging your body by not training the correct way. Putting unnecessary stress on an ACL can absolutely increase the chances of it tearing.

You can also increase the probability of damaging your body by not training the correct way. Putting unnecessary stress on an ACL can absolutely increase the chances of it tearing.
This is very true as well

18 post thread on the buttgers board making fun of this kid and Syracuse giving him a scholarship

18 post thread on the buttgers board making fun of this kid and Syracuse giving him a scholarship

Obsession.jpg

I don't think that there's any question that the kid is a project.

That said, the last OL we landed out of NJ worked out pretty well [Zach Chibane], and as I recall they attempted to ridicule us for taking him, as well.

So bottom line: F them and their dopey opinions. They're 0-1.

well, from a perception standpoint, it is kind of embarrassing and I'm still shocked they gave him a full ride just because he's a naturally big and athletic dude

I really don't get it unless they think it will pay off with other St Anthony's kids down the line. :noidea:

well, from a perception standpoint, it is kind of embarrassing and I'm still shocked they gave him a full ride just because he's a naturally big and athletic dude

I really don't get it unless they think it will pay off with other St Anthony's kids down the line. :noidea:
Like the kid from Glens Falls (Terry?) that wound up in the NFL

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Are they playing in the B1G this year? If so, I hope we beat PSU and NW, so that we would have a better B1G record than them.

Like the kid from Glens Falls (Terry?) that wound up in the NFL

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2
I didn't realize that Terry was on a football team in high school but never started a game and only played sparingly his senior season.

hopefully the risk pays off and the kid turns out to be a quality BCS level OT, but from a pure perception standpoint - I can't blame other fan-bases for making fun of this signing.

Meh. I think there are times to take a flyer on a kid and see what comes of it. Worst case - never sees the field and uses up a scholarship. But what if we can flip him and his athleticism into an NFL prospect? That would say something about the coaches that would pay huge dividends down the road.

Oh - and this is a clear case of Rutgers fans so full on their mediocrity that the can't see the forest for the trees. Drunk on their own view of themselves in their gaudy shiny helmets. I will take great joy in watching them struggle to beat Indiana.

I didn't realize that Terry was on a football team in high school but never started a game and only played sparingly his senior season.

hopefully the risk pays off and the kid turns out to be a quality BCS level OT, but from a pure perception standpoint - I can't blame other fan-bases for making fun of this signing.

Honestly, are we out there flaunting him as a "get?" Perles basically acknowledged he was a project and a gamble. So what? We just had a guy taken in the 1st round?!?

Honestly, are we out there flaunting him as a "get?" Perles basically acknowledged he was a project and a gamble. So what? We just had a guy taken in the 1st round?!?

Key Point(s).

kurtis_stewart_keys.jpg

And there would probably be a 36 post thread here if it were the other way around.

What's the difference between giving McGloster a chance and giving Center a chance? Huge, athletic guys without much football experience. Sometimes you have to take a gamble- We're not all Alabama, getting anyone we want.

And there would probably be a 36 post thread here if it were the other way around.

Can only speak for myself but I have NO IDEA who they've recruited the past 2 or 3 seasons.

They idea of taking a kid with no bad habits to correct is kind of interesting. This kid is a blank canvas. Give him two years of coaching and conditioning and see what we have.

There is a hall of fame TE in the NFL who didnt play a ton of football in HS and played bball at Cal who went onto to become one of if not the best TE to ever play. As the coaches said 6-8 325 and a great athlete is hard to come by. Give the kid two years in our program and what out he may end up being our starting L or RT as 340 I like that we took a swing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom