James one of 3 players highlighted from yesterdays Bucks workout | Syracusefan.com

James one of 3 players highlighted from yesterdays Bucks workout

I'm just quoting the intro to the video. I don't think the Bucks are a good fit for James

For what it's worth, nobody even knows who will be on the Bucks this season. They could potentially have 4 new starters.

For what it's worth, nobody even knows who will be on the Bucks this season. They could potentially have 4 new starters.
I know but James needs to play with a star who can force double teams so he can get open looks at the 3...that's not the Bucks

I know but James needs to play with a star who can force double teams so he can get open looks at the 3...that's not the Bucks

Hahahaha yeah...that won't happen in Milwaukee :(

James is Novak with far better Atleticism. He's a deadeye, albeit inconsistent shooter. I believe with more maturity the streakiness will diminish and there will be a place for him on most every NBA roster.

Making a roster would be one hurdle, actually playing is a whole nother animal. Let's be realistic it doesn't matter who is in the Bucks starting lineup. James isn't going to make an NBA roster and see much, if any, playing time next year. Could he get drafted...possibly? Could he make a roster sure, I suppose. Is he going to play....unless all but 4 other players get injured, I doubt it.

James is Novak with far better Atleticism. He's a deadeye, albeit inconsistent shooter. I believe with more maturity the streakiness will diminish and there will be a place for him on most every NBA roster.
People need to stop saying he's Steve Novak. Novak is one of the 4 or 5 best shooters in the WORLD right now. I like Dirty, but he's not nearly the shooter that Novak is.

People need to stop saying he's Steve Novak. Novak is one of the 4 or 5 best shooters in the WORLD right now. I like Dirty, but he's not nearly the shooter that Novak is.
Novak isn't close to being that good of a shooter! He literally only shoots when wide open therefore in the playoffs he doesn't shoot. Great shooter can shoot when covered that's not Novak!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Here is the tale of the tape from NBA Draft Express. No real athletic difference, outside of the standing vertical.

Height s Ht w/shoes Wt Wingspan Reach Body Fat No Step Vert Max Vert Bench Press Lane Agility 3/4 Court Sprint
6' 8" 6' 9.25" 216 6' 9.5" 8' 7" 8.1 24.5 31.0 5 11.11 3.37
6' 7" 6' 8" 221 7' 1" 8' 10" 8.1 29.0 32.0 5 10.90 3.38

I hope you're right, but I thought the same thing about Demetris Nichols--that he was such a good shooter at his size, that he'd easily carve out an NBA career.

Here is the tale of the tape from NBA Draft Express. No real athletic difference, outside of the standing vertical.

Height s Ht w/shoes Wt Wingspan Reach Body Fat No Step Vert Max Vert Bench Press Lane Agility 3/4 Court Sprint
6' 8" 6' 9.25" 216 6' 9.5" 8' 7" 8.1 24.5 31.0 5 11.11 3.37
6' 7" 6' 8" 221 7' 1" 8' 10" 8.1 29.0 32.0 5 10.90 3.38

No wingspan and reach are huge in James favor when you add to standing vert there is a very big difference.
Wingspan 7'-1" vs 6'-9.5"...+3.5" for James
Reach 8'-10" vs 8"-7".....+3"for James
No Step Vert. 29.0 vs 24.5...+4.5 for James

Most scouts value No Step Vert. over max vert because it is a quicker jump. When you add reach to no step vert you get +7.5" for James and when you add it to wingspan you get a +4" in each directions that's a huge difference on defense.

No wingspan and reach are huge in James favor when you add to standing vert there is a very big difference.

Most scouts value No Step Vert. over max vert because it is a quicker jump. When you add reach to no step vert you get +7.5" for James and when you add it to wingspan you get a +4" in each directions that's a huge difference on defense.
Those are size differentials not athletic ability

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Also, Woodson kept Novak on the bench for much of thePacers series, due to his defensive weakness (which is due in some part to lack of athleticism I suspect).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom