Jamesville-Dewitt 74, Notre Dame 59 (interesting names on the team).. | Syracusefan.com

Jamesville-Dewitt 74, Notre Dame 59 (interesting names on the team)..

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
http://highschoolsports.syracuse.co...s-career-night-and-j-d-blows-past-notre-dame/

Jimmy Boeheim led with a career high 21 points and four 3s.

-f04d9ff67d19c77d.jpg

OrangeXtreme said:
Jack Boeheim and Sam Rautins are teammates on the JV squad. Jamie Boeheim is on the Varsity Girls squad.

IMO, Jack will be better than Jimmy. Has a certain toughness about him.

IMO, Jack will be the better player. Has a certain toughness about him.
Bees, that is funny. I know the kids pretty well, and (at least off the court) Jack has the least "toughness" of all three. I know "sweet" is a dumb word to describe a male, but Jack has a serious "niceness" about him. Every time I am with him, I want to kidnap him and adopt him.

cto said:
Bees, that is funny. I know the kids pretty well, and (at least off the court) Jack has the least "toughness" of all three. I know "sweet" is a dumb word to describe a male, but Jack has a serious "niceness" about him. Every time I am with him, I want to kidnap him and adopt him.

On the court he is very tough.

On the court he is very tough.
Good for him. I have never seen him in a game, so I would not know. Jamie might be the best athlete of the three. She is a very good competitive swimmer who does not consider basketball her "first sport."

Last edited:
Jimmy is a terrific young man... and an outstanding student. I think he would fit in very well at Harvard or another Ivy.
As a player?

Jack is a freshman, as is his twin sister Jamie. They are also terrific young people. For kids who have grown up in a fish bowl, the three Boeheim children are the nicest, most respectful, least spoiled kids you will ever meet. A seriously good job of parenting.

The 4th is pretty good too. She went to Colby.

Reactions: cto
The 4th is pretty good too. She went to Colby.
Absolutely. Elizabeth is a wonderful young woman. I was simply commenting on the three children still at home... who were mentioned by a previous poster.

Last edited:
Respectfully disagreeing here, but there's no way he's a D1 basketball player.
same thin g was said about Andy Rautins. I remember when he was a young kid, sammy could really shoot. What is his status.

same thin g was said about Andy Rautins.
Not the same caliber player at all. Rautins was taking games over, leading his teams to state championships. Rautins was a much, much better athlete at JD also. For a 6'4 guard I remember him dunking with ease.

Respectfully disagreeing here, but there's no way he's a D1 basketball player.
I am talking about the Ivy League -- or the "Little Ivies," e.g., Williams, Amherst, Wesleyan, etc -- not the ACC. Have you watched Brown, for example, lately? BTW, my comment about the Ivy League was in response to someone asking whether he might play at Syracuse?

I am talking about the Ivy League -- or the "Little Ivies," e.g., Williams, Amherst, Wesleyan, etc -- not the ACC. Have you watched Brown, for example, lately? BTW, my comment about the Ivy League was in response to someone asking whether he might play at Syracuse?
That's a huge, huge difference. The Ivy Leage is D1. The little Ivies are D3. People don't realize how good you have to be to play D1. Even crappy D1 teams like Colgate or Canisius, you have to be an exceptional high school player to play there.

For example, those JD teams from 2007-2010 that were stacked and won multiple state titles, Nick Pascale and Hymes were exceptional high school players and went low D1. I really, seriously doubt that little Boeheim is D1 talent.

That's a huge, huge difference. The Ivy Leage is D1. The little Ivies are D3. People don't realize how good you have to be to play D1. Even crappy D1 teams like Colgate or Canisius, you have to be an exceptional high school player to play there.

For example, those JD teams from 2007-2010 that were stacked and won multiple state titles, Nick Pascale and Hymes were exceptional high school players and went low D1. I really, seriously doubt that little Boeheim is D1 talent.
Hey, once again, I was responding to someone who asked whether he might play at Syracuse. I was basically making the point ... that he is Ivy League material academically. Read my initial response. It says nothing about basketball. I have never seen him play basketball. But I do know how good a student he is. I am sorry if my subtleness escapes some people.

Last edited:
Hey, once again, I was responding to someone who asked whether he might play at Syracuse. I was basically making the point ... that he is Ivy League material academically. Read my initial response. It says nothing about basketball. I have never seen him play basketball. But I do know how good a student he is.
Student-athlete usually means you're playing a sport for the university you're a student at

Speaking of JD basketball, I can't help but wonder if Tyler Cavanaugh could have helped this years Cuse team.