Jamesville-Dewitt 74, Notre Dame 59 (interesting names on the team).. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Jamesville-Dewitt 74, Notre Dame 59 (interesting names on the team)..

I play with guys up in VT who range from former D3 players to D1 players on teams such as Harvard and others that shall remain nameless. Yes, all of them are or were better than me (some of the guys are like 60 now but can still shoot the lights out). One kid was a decent player (for Burlington Vermont) but grew into a 6'10" big man who was fairly decent and that landed him a scholly to UVM (sorry, couldn't resist). I imagine with the opportunities that young Boeheim has (hello Melo Center!), it's not impossible for him to land at a good school and play.

Unless you've seen him play in person (at the beginning of his junior season nonetheless) and think he just doesn't have the skills to get picked up. Feel like we should wait it out a bit and see where this season takes the young lad.

One last thing to think about here. How many coaches do you think are out there who would be more than willing to do JB a solid and offer him at least a D2 scholly?

I think the most important thing is to never say never.
How old is the 6-10 guy? A kid near that size from Burlington, who went to UVM, always curious to know what era. Matt Sheftic was the only kid I played against who comes close but he was only about 6-8.

How old is the 6-10 guy? A kid near that size from Burlington, who went to UVM, always curious to know what era. Matt Sheftic was the only kid I played against who comes close but he was only about 6-8.

Graduated just a couple years ago. Pat is his first name and I'm completely blanking on his last name.

I wouldn't say this went awry or has anything to do with folks straying from the board. Sometimes we tend to try and validate taking a break from things.. i took a long break from the board and definitely don't surf it nearly as often. The main reason is just life getting in the way and re prioritizing. It has been a tough year in football and looks to be a challenging year in hoops alongside the NCAA ruling coming out. Lets not over analyze on any plane.

Happy that JB's legacy will go on in hoops in any way shape or form. I think the better question is how bad is the young JB smoking the elder in 1 on 1 these days?

Lawrinson14 said:
I really, really think that a pay side needs to be re-established.
I would bet a lot of money he didn't stop reading

I wouldn't say this went awry or has anything to do with folks straying from the board. Sometimes we tend to try and validate taking a break from things.. i took a long break from the board and definitely don't surf it nearly as often. The main reason is just life getting in the way and re prioritizing. It has been a tough year in football and looks to be a challenging year in hoops alongside the NCAA ruling coming out. Lets not over analyze on any plane.

Happy that JB's legacy will go on in hoops in any way shape or form. I think the better question is how bad is the young JB smoking the elder in 1 on 1 these days?
After hearing about how badly JB beat down Dukie V, I bet it would be a very good matchup.

Not really fighting s battle here, all I said was some kid isn't talented enough for D1 and a lot of people overreacted.
You said it a dozen times. Go back and read the thread. We all got what you were saying the first time, and CTO amended to include the little ivies. You then continued to bang the drum for many posts after. You completely hijacked a thread that had nothing to do with what you were talking about. But just to be clear: do you think he's a D1 talent or not? I think there may be some people in Tibet who didn't get your point the FIRST TIME YOU POSTED IT.

No need to pile on hours later. Seemed this one was water under the bridge so lets let it be. Its. Game day!

You said it a dozen times. Go back and read the thread. We all got what you were saying the first time, and CTO amended to include the little ivies. You then continued to bang the drum for many posts after. You completely hijacked a thread that had nothing to do with what you were talking about. But just to be clear: do you think he's a D1 talent or not? I think there may be some people in Tibet who didn't get your point the FIRST TIME YOU POSTED IT.
Good job digging this thread back to life. I don't think the 12th man on CBA is D1 material either. Prepare for more uproar.