January Enrollees | Syracusefan.com

January Enrollees

44doubledees

Scout Team
Are we limited by how many we can accept for early enrollment in January? Do we need the space in the previous class?

I believe you need spots in the previous class to make it work.

Can't go over 85, even during the off-season.

We only used 82 scholarships this season, and some players graduate every December.

Although I don't know how strictly this gets enforced, as long as you're at 85 in August.

I believe you need spots in the previous class to make it work.
I think that may have been before the early signing period. Jordan will count towards the 2018 class but like OX said can't go over the 85 total.

I think that may have been before the early signing period. Jordan will count towards the 2018 class but like OX said can't go over the 85 total.

Jordan still has 5 to play 4, right?

Jordan still has 5 to play 4, right?
Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to red shirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part-time during your college career.

Are we limited by how many we can accept for early enrollment in January? Do we need the space in the previous class?

I asked a similar question in another thread. It would appear that they anticipate some departures, either seniors dropping out for NFL prep or transfers (grad or otherwise). The numbers don't add up without some roster attrition.

Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to red shirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part-time during your college career.

Huh, that makes me wonder what his situation is. I know he took online classes, but I have no idea whether or not he took them through, say, a community college.

Thk was curious as AI wants to enroll early and i believe we have 6 already planning the same.

Any player that wants to enroll in January can. If we have backdated scholarships (I believe 3), those 3 won't count against this year's max scholarships in the class (25). The others would apply towards 2019's class scholarships. Therefore, if we end up with 22 commits this year, 3 would be backdated, and 19 would count towards 2019's number.

We would then have 6 spots in Jan 2020 for early enrollments to count towards 2019. This only matters if you're near the limit of a full class - 25 scholarships - every season.

Hope that makes sense.

No more backdating is allowed. Everyone counts towards 2019.

"I had to delete my social media to stay focused, but I did see all the comments from the Syracuse fan base... bad and good," Jordan said.

This is for all the negative posters here who had negative things to say about his academics.

Well - they weren’t wrong.
Clearly his academics were an issue.

Is pointing out factual info = “negative”?
:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom