Jared Odrick tweet | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jared Odrick tweet

Email is email. Social media is a whole different animal. Apples to Oranges. Its unpoliceable and every single fan base in the country has fans tweeting at players all the time. Its the jaywalking of NCAA violations.

Schools can also police it. There was an article a few years back where NCSt or UNC sent a cease and desist letter to a student that they had found via message boards was contacting recruits on facebook.

Schools can also police it. There was an article a few years back where NCSt or UNC sent a cease and desist letter to a student that they had found via message boards was contacting recruits on facebook.

Well lets see them try to police Twitter. This isn't even worth talking about its so ridiculous.

Well lets see them try to police Twitter. This isn't even worth talking about its so ridiculous.

Do you ever get those compliance letters from SU?

Once flood was announced and PB announced for the cuse it seems pretty obvious that he is sticking with rutgers.

So should I stop DMing recruits photos of my Anthony Weiner in my Syracuse underoos?

Not at all you should start sending the videos

Just saw this ESPN article today. read the sidebar about the NCAA and social media.

Social media

Lets just say as toothless as the NCAA is (i.e Ohio State, USC, etc), I don't consider twitter interaction very high on the list of potential concerns. (And in the sidebar, the recruit actually changed his commitment to Washington so I guess his tweet worked.)

Lets just say as toothless as the NCAA is (i.e Ohio State, USC, etc), I don't consider twitter interaction very high on the list of potential concerns. (And in the sidebar, the recruit actually changed his commitment to Washington so I guess his tweet worked.)

Not saying it is high on the list, just that it is a violation and the NCAA and schools do not want fans engaged with recruits on social media. So why risk it and why should this site, which is viewed by people at SU, just brush it off and act like it's all no big deal? It's much easier not to do it than to risk it.

When they hired Flood, they locked up a ton of current recruits. Next year will be the test for them.

SU and social media have made me laugh recently. How awful their twitter-ers are makes me cringe. The #1 social media school in the nation, and then someone tweets from the University's account that DaJuan Coleman committed. D'oh!

This is BullFunk !!!

The guy ASKED for advice, it was SOLICITED information. ANY of us can say WHATEVER we want to this guy, because he is NOT the athlete, & was requesting that we give him advice.

PROVE that we are boosters!

Unless one of us is a former Syracuse player, or a major contributor to the University, The NCAA will not be able to touch this...

This is BullFunk !!!

The guy ASKED for advice, it was SOLICITED information. ANY of us can say WHATEVER we want to this guy, because he is NOT the athlete, & was requesting that we give him advice.

PROVE that we are boosters!

Unless one of us is a former Syracuse player, or a major contributor to the University, The NCAA will not be able to touch this...

Dead wrong.

and deleting the tweet doesnt really matter, its still already out there if they really wanted to pursue the matter, there is no such thing as deleting on the internet with tweets and email, chat etc..

Well based on the responses we can expect Minnesota, Miami, Rutgers, Syracuse, Penn State, Akron, App St., and a few others to face NCAA sanctions now.

So based on what I'm reading here, if I don't like a school, I can tweet kids telling them to go to that school with the slim hope of getting that school in trouble with the NCAA for recruiting violations? Seems silly, but I guess I'll become a Rutgers and G'Town fan on Twitter and live a double life for the good of SU.

So based on what I'm reading here, if I don't like a school, I can tweet kids telling them to go to that school with the slim hope of getting that school in trouble with the NCAA for recruiting violations? Seems silly, but I guess I'll become a Rutgers and G'Town fan on Twitter and live a double life for the good of SU.
Go buy a Rutgers shirt and then tweet the %$#% out of their recruits with the twitter handle "RutgersAlum88". Brilliant! ;)

I'm in no way affiliated with the football program. I'm a student who has at no point worked for any of the athletic programs.
Your a student, therefore your a representative of the whole school, including sports teams.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom