Jared Odrick tweet | Syracusefan.com

Jared Odrick tweet

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance

image_normal.jpg
JaredOdrick98 Jared Odrick

My brother, Julian Pinnix-Odrick is having a tough time reconsidering his commitment after RU pulled a fast one on him. 6'4 DE. Suggestions?

Lets hope not.

There is nothing wrong with responding to a recruits brother suggesting that he go to a specific school. You sure are a stickler for the rules Bees.

I'm in no way affiliated with the football program. I'm a student who has at no point worked for any of the athletic programs.
If you have season tickets, you support the program and are technically considered a booster. I believe that's how it works in the simplest terms.

But you are responding to someone's brother and not the recruit itself so I wouldn't imagine it would fall into that.

I'm in no way affiliated with the football program. I'm a student who has at no point worked for any of the athletic programs.
Have you ever donated money to the program? Did you purchase season tickets? If I recall the rules about what makes you a booster include things you would not expect to be problematic.

If you have season tickets, you support the program and are technically considered a booster. I believe that's how it works in the simplest terms.

But you are responding to someone's brother and not the recruit itself so I wouldn't imagine it would fall into that.
How in the world is a school supposed to police this, if this in fact could be a recruiting violation?

I could always make the argument that it wasn't my money that purchased the tickets, but I'll delete the tweet in the 1% chance that it could cause any sort of a problem.

How in the world is a school supposed to police this, if this in fact could be a recruiting violation?

No one can police this. Thats why its absurd when some on this board get their panties in a bunch if someone so much as looks at a prospects twitter feed. Its absurd. These kids get tweeted at from every fan base that's recruiting them.

Much ado about nothing.

Have you ever donated money to the program? Did you purchase season tickets? If I recall the rules about what makes you a booster include things you would not expect to be problematic.
I think you could also be considered a booster by buying a Syracuse T-shirt or hat or even tickets to one game. Most schools send info to their season ticket holders and have the info available on their athletic site. Needless to say, it's best to stay far away.

There is nothing wrong with responding to a recruits brother suggesting that he go to a specific school. You sure are a stickler for the rules Bees.
I remember emailing Melo's sister (the real Melo) before he enrolled at the Cuse and someone told me that it was a potential violation.

I think you could also be considered a booster by buying a Syracuse T-shirt or hat or even tickets to one game. Most schools send info to their season ticket holders and have the info available on their athletic site. Needless to say, it's best to stay far away.

NailstheCusefan better expect a knock at the door from Mark Emmert in the morning. Some of you guys are something else.

I remember emailing Melo's sister (the real Melo) before he enrolled at the Cuse and someone told me that it was a potential violation.

Email is email. Social media is a whole different animal. Apples to Oranges. Its unpoliceable and every single fan base in the country has fans tweeting at players all the time. Its the jaywalking of NCAA violations.

First day I look at the site in two weeks and this is the first thing I see...

It is an NCAA violation. A booster is not just defined as someone who gives money, it is also defined as anyone who becomes involved in the recruitment of an athlete automatically becomes a representative of the University and thus a booster. Bossters are not allowed to use social networking to contact or try to correspond with prospective athletes.

I am sure the NCAA would have no way to monitor all of that, but it is in fact not allowed and it's not my rule. It is the NCAA's and SU's.

It was deleted. We can all relax. Thought it was harmless and in reality probably is. Point taken though, bees.

It is an NCAA violation. A booster is not just defined as someone who gives money, it is also defined as anyone who becomes involved in the recruitment of an athlete automatically becomes a representative of the University and thus a booster. Bossters are not allowed to use social networking to contact or try to correspond with prospective athletes.

I am sure the NCAA would have no way to monitor all of that, but it is in fact not allowed and it's not my rule. It is the NCAA's and SU's.

Again, its jaywalking Bees. Much ado about nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom