Jarron Jones Commits to Notre Dame | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jarron Jones Commits to Notre Dame

Like DCCuse, I too heard JJ was back in the picture with SU recently. All I can say is when the questions shift from academics and DM's total development as a person approach to "how many actual fans do you have in the stands at a game, coach?" it is a good indication that other recruiters have gotten into a kid's head, his priorities have changed and it's pretty much all over for SU. The fact that SU feels the need to change the opener to a Thursday night because it feels it cannot compete with the State Fair's big Saturday says it all to me. I know I'm preaching to the choir here. If I were one of you faithful fans I would be sorely disappointed not in losing JJ but in the circumstances that swayed him away. (And yes, I have two season tickets I bought for family members even though my business is in dire straits and I've taken a significant hit in recent years).

Like DCCuse, I too heard JJ was back in the picture with SU recently. All I can say is when the questions shift from academics and DM's total development as a person approach to "how many actual fans do you have in the stands at a game, coach?" it is a good indication that other recruiters have gotten into a kid's head, his priorities have changed and it's pretty much all over for SU. The fact that SU feels the need to change the opener to a Thursday night because it feels it cannot compete with the State Fair's big Saturday says it all to me. I know I'm preaching to the choir here. If I were one of you faithful fans I would be sorely disappointed not in losing JJ but in the circumstances that swayed him away. (And yes, I have two season tickets I bought for family members even though my business is in dire straits and I've taken a significant hit in recent years).
The thing is Dave, we aren't really that much worse off than most other private schools, SU will always lose battles to ND and PSU. As long as we are beating out BC, Pitt, Etc for some recruits then I don't care. Their attendance is similar to ours. Get the 3 stars where you can, the athletes from Florida and NYS, fill in everywhere else. These 4 and 5 star kids aren't coming to Syracuse and never really have for that matter. Attendance is not all that much worse than it was 10 years ago. When I see a kid with national offers, I just dont see us ever kidding a kid like that, maybe 1 out 50 if we are lucky

If your talking about atmosphere a fully attended Dome will never compare to South Bend or any of the Big boys. Watching one of those games make me want to enroll in graduate school and go there.

If your talking about atmosphere a fully attended Dome will never compare to South Bend or any of the Big boys. Watching one of those games make me want to enroll in graduate school and go there.

I agree that is a nice selling point for those schools but why not make the Dome something special and embrace it what it is? We can make it as loud as any stadium in the country because of the roof. Players love that as well and ND has a lot of fans that just watch. I'm a firm believer in being what you are and find a way to improve it instead of wishing I were somebody else. Hey, I'm fat, drunk and stupid but I've found a way to enjoy my life!

lets wait until signing day to have emotions. he changed his mind twice already and cant believe hes 100% committed to anywhere.

The thing is Dave, we aren't really that much worse off than most other private schools, SU will always lose battles to ND and PSU. As long as we are beating out BC, Pitt, Etc for some recruits then I don't care. Their attendance is similar to ours. Get the 3 stars where you can, the athletes from Florida and NYS, fill in everywhere else. These 4 and 5 star kids aren't coming to Syracuse and never really have for that matter. Attendance is not all that much worse than it was 10 years ago. When I see a kid with national offers, I just dont see us ever kidding a kid like that, maybe 1 out 50 if we are lucky

I think if we get 1-2 of the 15+ legit offer kids a year at this point, we should consider ourselves lucky. And personally I could care less if they're from NYS or not. Unfortunately, whether people want to accept it or not, upstate NY does not have the advantages that other places have geographically in turning kids away from going away to school. It's always an uphill battle in that respect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom