Jarveon Howard | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jarveon Howard

Adams had a fumble and the coaches seemed to lose confidence in him at Oklahoma. I am not sure if it had anything to do with pass blocking. Also there was a change at position coach that Adams felt impacted his playing time.

And that they had like 3-4 other 4* RB's competing against him for PT.

Yeah, this thinking has always paid off for us in the past. We should absolutely continue operating this way.

The new rule radically changes how you determine whether to red shirt, now you can get a pretty good sample of a kids ability in game situations before making any decision. If he is contributing in a positive way play him that year if not then you give him the shirt. What was done in the past is no longer applicable.

Everyone forgetting how Strickland played vs Clemson and Miami?

This frustrates me so much. He gets way too much blame for a guy who had to make wine out of water with a tattered inexperienced line, and an injured or sidelined dungey.

He was told to run up the middle, at least 8-12 times a game, against NFL calibre linemen and lb’s. I don’t care if you’re Adrian Peterson, that’s not a winning formula vs Clemson/LSU/BC/NCST/FSU/MIAMI/UL defenses.

O line’s healthy and experienced. We have quality QB depth and more talent spread out at WR.

I expect a great year from strickland. 750-800 yards rushing 300-400 yards receiving.
I agree completely. Let’s wait to see what Howard does against WMU and Wagner until we list him as a starter. Those four games he can play without burning his redshirt are immensely valuable.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom