Jason Beck, Rocky Long, and the rest of the Staff | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Jason Beck, Rocky Long, and the rest of the Staff

With Dinosaur BBQ sauce or Worcestershire sauce?
He wasn't quite sure but folks thought he was reaching for the Dinosaur BBQ sauce.

Reactions: FAL
I’d keep Beck, Nunzio, Long, Farmer.

My bet is Long bolts into retirement or back closer to home. Beck gets a better offer and Nunzio and Farmer stay.

I think people underestimate how hurt GS was all season and how difficult the QB position was to coach this year.

Last edited:
I think a hc will come in with a bevy of his guys similar to Dino. A coordinator will pick and choose some leftovers..

My bet is Long bolts into retirement or back closer to home. Beck gets a better offer and Nunzio and Farmer.

I think people underestimate how hurt GS was all season and how difficult the QB position was to coach this year.

I can’t see a new coach keeping an OC. Has that ever happened?

I wonder how White and Long would work together knowing they both run a 3-3-5.
rackman18. Syracuse hired Rocky Long to replace White. Long was White’s mentor for many years as a player and coach and is considered the godfather of the 3-3-5 defensive scheme that SU saw success in implementing the past three seasons.
Bet they'd work very well together. If Rocky doesn't retire.

Tomato ketchup?
George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

My bet is Long bolts into retirement or back closer to home. Beck gets a better offer and Nunzio and Farmer stay.

Well yeah it's difficult to coach when you don't recruit anyone that can play behind the starter and the starter gets hurt. I don't disagree there.

Well yeah it's difficult to coach when you don't recruit anyone that can play behind the starter and the starter gets hurt. I don't disagree there.
They thought they had Lamson. He bolted and as tep624 says they didn't recruit anyone. Bad!

I agree with Jake, but if Beck, Long, Nunzio and Farmer stay, I'd be happy.

Nunzio is our best recruiter, IMO. A direct tie to the top NJ schools of which he was a coach. He is important to SU.

If Beck had landed LaNorris Sellers, we wouldn't be in this mess. Instead we have: well, you know...

The one coach from Dino's era I'd like to have back is Justin Lustig for Special Teams.

Unless the new head coach has SU heritage, you should expect he'll totally clean house. The 3-3-5 might be gone too.
Lost Sellers and Lamson. That’s not on Beck.
And we thought we had enough on the bench at QB that we could afford to move Villari to TE. Plus I still think Davis might be a real good get. He just might end up at WR.

Of the current group of coaches, is there really anyone worth keeping?

I think Beck has showed a bit of promise, but I think we need a full reset.
Funny thread, I’d like to remind almost everyone here, that almost everyone here thought Beck was great after 4 games and were speculating that he’d bolt in a year or two to greater pastures - now everyone seems to think that he is next to worthless. Rocky also used to be held in high esteem, but that is also mostly gone.