Jason Emerich senior highlights | Syracusefan.com

Jason Emerich senior highlights

He locks on to his assignment and finishes the play. I like his constant effort. He appears to physically dominate his opponent. How effective will he be against college level talent/strength? He seems to always be in attack mode and you don't get to see his side and back peddle. Why would he be lined up at RT? They tended to run to his side when he was at RT, but I'm not sure why you would switch him.

Like Knapp, physical mismatches, but you have to like the attitude. They bury their man every time.

Sweep the leg. No mercy.

Didn't look like Emerich was asked to do as much as Knapp. Straight-ahead mauler. Like the attitude of locking, churning the legs and never letting up. Didn't show the ability to pull or seal like Knapp, but was most likely a function of the offense. Also couldn't tell if he could pass-block, again based on the offense.

While Knapp appears to be further along technique-wise, there's little not to like about both of them. At the least, they both appear able to move the line of scrimmage, which should work wonders for our running game.

I like the attitude that comes through on the video. Both guys drive their guy to the ground and then look for the next guy to smack. One of the things that really hurt this team last year was the lack of offensive line depth, especially in the preseason. There is no better motivator than competition and the threat of being benched. Chibane and Hay were terrible but the backups were either hurt or red-shirting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom