Jaw dropping stat about our offense last year from ESPN's David Hale | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Jaw dropping stat about our offense last year from ESPN's David Hale

I hate to fall back on this because it's not the only reason, but...look who was playing QB in those games. Banged up versions of AJ Long, Austin Wilson, and Mitch Kimble. That's a recipe for horrible offense.

Not only were we down to our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string guys but they were all hurt.
Ever hear of Ohio State?

Uh? I'm pretty consistent. Let's get remedial:

1. Wins are when you finish with more points than your opponent.
2. Losses are when you finish with less points than your opponent.
3. There are reasons for winning and losing. These are important. Pay attention to these things - but especially the correctable mistakes or deficiencies.
4. In the end, your ability to maximize the good stuff and minimizing the bad stuff should lead to improvement.
5. But as always, W first.
6. In evaluating a coach you look at record 1st and the probability that they can do #4 in a timely manner. If you feel the record is sub par and the the probability of recovery is low, you fire them.

I don't tell you about moral victories. I get pissed like everyone else, do my best to analyze #3 and hope like hell for #4. But I sure am not giving away a W 'cause it wasn't pretty enough.
3. when the reasons for your win is that the FCS team missed a field goal that a drunken raymour and flanagan contest winner would hit 9 times out of 10, you should be very alarmed

Millhouse said:
3. when the reasons for your win is that the FCS team missed a field goal that a drunken raymour and flanagan contest winner would hit 9 times out of 10, you should be very alarmed

Exactly my point. I was. You were. I'd bet the staff was. Analyze it, get better. What else can you do?

qdawgg said:
Possibly one of the single funniest things I've read on here in a long time. Gold, pure gold.

You shouldn't laugh at this guys disabilities.

I think that it was more about the line than the QB, to be honest. You can have a very green guy back there at QB, if you have a line that can run block and give the QB 4 seconds in the pocket to make a pass. For the amount of returning talent we had on the O line last year (4 returning starters - all except Mackey), there is no way we should have been that terrible. Sure, some of it was bad play calling from the OC until he was demoted. Some of it was kids learning new plays / somewhat of a new system in the middle of the season. But at the end of the day, it comes down to big guys being able to move other big guys up front. If that doesn't happen, none of the rest of it can happen.

I hope the OLine proves capable this year and stays healthy. If not, we may be or should be looking for a new OL coach. Perles' lines were well coached. I'm willing to give Joe Adam another chance simply because of injuries and shuffling guys in, out and around on the Line, but it will be the primary area I am looking at this year for massive improvement despite losing talent. There is no reason to be splitting up the OLine coaching duties to give Moreland Tackles and TE reducing Joe Adam's duties to guards and centers only. If Adam can't coach them well from an instructional standpoint, he should not be here.

I hope the OLine proves capable this year and stays healthy. If not, we may be or should be looking for a new OL coach. Perles' lines were well coached. I'm willing to give Joe Adam another chance simply because of injuries and shuffling guys in, out and around on the Line, but it will be the primary area I am looking at this year for massive improvement despite losing talent. There is no reason to be splitting up the OLine coaching duties to give Moreland Tackles and TE reducing Joe Adam's duties to guards and centers only. If Adam can't coach them well from an instructional standpoint, he should not be here.
Marrone had two guys coaching the DL at one point - Brumbaugh and Daoust. Does anyone know why he split the duties? Brumbaugh left shortly thereafter, but I don't remember why.

Marrone had two guys coaching the DL at one point - Brumbaugh and Daoust. Does anyone know why he split the duties? Brumbaugh left shortly thereafter, but I don't remember why.

Yes, Jimmy Brumbaugh wasn't doing a very good job coaching and proved to also be an ineffective recruiter. So you bring in Daoust to actually coach the line under "shared" duties and Jimmy left that season and Daoust took over. Its a way to bridge the gap without firing someone that didn't work out. I'm relatively certain OL is the same way this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom