Jay Williams just can't give us credit | Syracusefan.com

Jay Williams just can't give us credit

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
So CJ hits a big three to cut the lead to 3...was this a clutch shot? NOO...it was happenstance produced by Patterson with a soft close out. Well, what would have happened had Patterson rushed out there and plowed into CJ while he was shooting a trey? I bet you dollars to donuts we would have heard "you never foul a jump shooter"

Then CJ hits another jumper from the opposite corner, cutting the lead to one. was this a clutch shot by a big time player? NOO..It TOO was happenstance secondary to Patterson not cheating enough to CJ's LEFT Because we all know that CJ cant possibly go right and then switch back to his left..like he's been doing all freaking year with people cheating to his left.

Look, its college basketball. If you dissect any individual play, you can find some aspect of the play where some player does not execute 100 percent perfectly.

Give credit to the kid making the play..dont slight him by acting as if the play was a gimmie because of something someone else did NOT do.

if nobody was guarding cj..and he was just shooting around..id say its 50/ 50 he makes both shots...to hit them both..under duress...down the stretch???

i guess what im trying to say ? SHUT THE UP JW

I don't get why everyone takes Jay so seriously and thinks its so negative. He clearly pointed out that CJ was too good for Patterson to lollygag his way over to the 3 pt line and not get in his face.

Obviously they are going to show faults in a "what should have been win" for the losing team. He also praised CJ for getting back in the game when he was shooting horribly and taking over for a stretch. He also praised Ennis for being an absolute beast and making that shot, even with good defense. He even argued with Seth about Cuse winning the game rather than Pitt losing it.

Most of the superbowl highlights were about how bad the Broncos were, not how good the Seahawks were for a while

why should it have been a win for pitt?

the first cuse vs pitt game..should have been a win for pitt

duke cuse game..should have been won by duke

this game..

swear to god ive never seen an undefeated team from a major conference get talked about like this one does.

Meh, whatever. Frankly he's right, LPatt hotdogged it.
I was more bothered by the obsession with Dixon calling time out...they didn't exactly give up a layup.

Meh, whatever. Frankly he's right, LPatt hotdogged it.
I was more bothered by the obsession with Dixon calling time out...they didn't exactly give up a layup.

I'm no JW fan either, but to give him some benefit of the doubt about his Dixon timeout comments, sometimes I wonder if the directors have the two analysts (when there are two) deliberately give opposing viewpoints to make for better TV. Greenberg defended Dixon calling timeout, and did so well, and JW may have been asked to give the counterpoint, even though he may not have necessarily believed it.

As an aside, I thought Greenberg made an excellent but subtle point that the Pitt defender on the outside (Ennis's shooting hand) made the mistake of crossing in front of Ennis, thereby allowing Ennis a less contested shot with his right hand. Well noted by Greenberg.

still doesn't top the pouting Gottleib did on ESPN after SU beat storz in the 2006 BET quarters

Tyler was not #1 on SC top 10. Lebron with a normal three to win was #1. No way Tyler should not have been #1. They just can't find it in themselves to give us our props.

Agreed a step back jumper from 23 feet in an 82 game scheduled NBA contest by a pro vs a 40 foot buzzer beater to remain unbeaten and #1 in the nation by a college kid at a venue where the home team is 9-0 vs top five teams and playing shorthanded with six guysOh Lord:crazy:

A normal three? That was sick, particularly for a guy who's not clutch and a coward (learned that on this board). And, my heavens, why would you waste a shred of energy getting upset over which shot ESPN deemed No. 1.

'Twas a great night for Fireball Junior's teams: ecstasy when Ennis hit that ridiculous three, followed by FBJ's favorite player since Wilt the Stilt and Earl the Pearl nonchalantly drilling an in-your-face fadeaway three to beat Golden State. Too bad I fell asleep with the Heat game on and didn't see the ending till now.

More people nationally care about Lebron and with the timing of his Mt. Rushmore comments, it makes sense to put him #1. The NBA is still bigger than college hoops and not being #1 play of the day doesn't mean ESPN didn't give SU props.

Every CBB personality on ESPN was talking about the shot on Twitter, and Titus promised 1000 words on the brilliance of Ennis in his Grantland column. Not to mention SU got mad props from Bill Walton and that's a lot better than being #1 on SportsCenter.

Once Bill Walton gives you props all of the other talk just seems like drivel. You know that a guy that played center loves a guy that plays point and gets the other players the ball.

Read Gary Parrish's article on sportsline.com. All he talks about is how lucky we are.

Ennis to himself while watching the SC Top 10 this morning:
"Hmm. Who is this LeBron guy? Time to reconnect the IV ice drip."

Cue Lawrinson14 Ennis with an IV ice bag drip?

More people nationally care about Lebron and with the timing of his Mt. Rushmore comments, it makes sense to put him #1. The NBA is still bigger than college hoops and not being #1 play of the day doesn't mean ESPN didn't give SU props.

Every CBB personality on ESPN was talking about the shot on Twitter, and Titus promised 1000 words on the brilliance of Ennis in his Grantland column. Not to mention SU got mad props from Bill Walton and that's a lot better than being #1 on SportsCenter.

Yep, Walton thanked SU for providing the country with what college basketball was all about. Much better than anything the other talking heads stated.

Tyler was not #1 on SC top 10. Lebron with a normal three to win was #1. No way Tyler should not have been #1. They just can't find it in themselves to give us our props.

Really, that was an insult?

:crazy:

ESPN is pushing their NBA weekend and having Lebron talk about the Mount Rushmore thing and then this...it's just marketing 101.

The only thing espn is good for is games. The rest is garbage . Oh and the nba sucks I could careless what happened. .

Don't understand these posts, for the life of me. It's crazy. I must be listening to a different Jay Williams and watching a different ESPN. Some of you just go out of your way looking for a chapped ass. Whatever works I guess. These guys aren't diehard Syracuse fans but they aren't going over the top to bash Syracuse either. THEY ARE DOING THEIR FREAKING JOB!!!! good lord

Not everybody is Bob Knight who just comes at you unfiltered and obviously thinks highly of JB.

We have received more publicity for that shot and the win that I can ever recall a Syracuse team getting. Who cares about being 1st on a top ten. They have been playing Ennis and JB over and over again. Has been great coverage.

Ennis was #1 late last night when they did the top 10. Heat were a late game and they must have bumped Ennis sometime overnight.

Watching both shots this AM, Ennis's was more dramatic and tougher.

Last edited: