Jay Williams just can't give us credit | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jay Williams just can't give us credit

I laugh at ESPN because they couldn't stop the tongue-bath of Gregg Marshall and Wichita St while Pitt was winning-- until we won and he was mysteriously absent from the set.

IthacaBarrel said:
Don't understand these posts, for the life of me. It's crazy. I must be listening to a different Jay Williams and watching a different ESPN. Some of you just go out of your way looking for a chapped ass. Whatever works I guess. These guys aren't diehard Syracuse fans but they aren't going over the top to bash Syracuse either. THEY ARE DOING THEIR FREAKING JOB!!!! good lord Not everybody is Bob Knight who just comes at you unfiltered and obviously thinks highly of JB.

Eh, he doesn't go out of his way to bash Syracuse, but he's just a bad analyst no matter which game he is talking about. In fact he is real bad and I have no doubt I know more basketball than him. So when you have someone that is always bad, it's easy to pick up the ignorance when it affects your own team. Plus he always has that Duke bias going on. So you're right, it's not an SU thing, but it's a Jay Williams thing.

Ennis was #1 late last night when they did the top 10. Cavs were a late game and they must have bumped Ennis sometime overnight.

Watching both shots this AM, Ennis's was more dramatic and tougher.

The Cavs? you are a few years behind...

LOL

Tyler was not #1 on SC top 10. Lebron with a normal three to win was #1. No way Tyler should not have been #1. They just can't find it in themselves to give us our props.

honestly, the #1 play should've been the high game school game. That was a ridiculous a shot at the buzzer.

oh and when i saw the top 10 plays this morning just before 8am one of the talking heads said, "how is ennis not #1"

I'm no JW fan either, but to give him some benefit of the doubt about his Dixon timeout comments, sometimes I wonder if the directors have the two analysts (when there are two) deliberately give opposing viewpoints to make for better TV. Greenberg defended Dixon calling timeout, and did so well, and JW may have been asked to give the counterpoint, even though he may not have necessarily believed it.

As an aside, I thought Greenberg made an excellent but subtle point that the Pitt defender on the outside (Ennis's shooting hand) made the mistake of crossing in front of Ennis, thereby allowing Ennis a less contested shot with his right hand. Well noted by Greenberg.

Ya, I wasn't saying anything about JW's opinion as much as the whole sportscenter production in general...
Stu Scott mentioned "a questionable time out" in the intro montage...
The late night & morning anchors are emphasizing it too.

I laugh at ESPN because they couldn't stop the tongue-bath of Gregg Marshall and Wichita St while Pitt was winning-- until we won and he was mysteriously absent from the set.

so Marshall did the TV studio version of the Dixon blow by