Jay Williams | Syracusefan.com

Jay Williams

Orangejet

Suds Peddlar
We know you are upset about the Duke loss but let the easy schedule go already...

Duke, UNC and Clemson are near the top of the conference so enough dude.

We know you are upset about the Duke loss but let the easy schedule go already...

To be fair, all of the good ACC teams we've played have been at home so far. Not our fault, but it's a fair point.

They won't be able to say that for long. All of our remaining road games look to be tough games.

The next few games on the road are going to be tough. But I think this team can get even better. Not saying we will go undefeated (I just don't think its possible in today's game ), but I think we can get better. I really like this team.

jay williams just reminds me of...

6a00d8341c5bb353ef0154343f9cc8970c-pi

I think he wanted Clemson's offense to move the Syracuse zone from side to side.

He might've said that once or twice

The schedule narrative is annoying. Yes we have our toughest games coming up, but we also play one of the more difficult unbalanced schedules in the league (Duke twice, Pitt twice). And you know if we drop a few down the stretch the talking heads are going to be saying that we're "limping" to the finish, rather than acknowledging that we're just playing really good teams on the road.

I thought he was good.
And,most importantly, Jay came up with the 'Arrested Development' quote tonight - 'there's always money in the banana stand'.

That was over my head. Too esoteric.

I thought he was ok tonight as well. The only time I was irked was when they recapped the duke game and he had to mention that duke lost in OT because they had no inside presence because of foul trouble.

I thought he was ok tonight as well. The only time I was irked was when they recapped the duke game and he had to mention that duke lost in OT because they had no inside presence because of foul trouble.
If you go back and listen to that breakdown again, you'll find that he doesn't give us any credit at all for the win. It's all about Duke.

He was fine tonight. A little weird discussion on CJ talking about perseverance and him not transferring etc. I'm not sure where he was going with that. I don't think CJ has ever even hinted of being anything other than perfectly happy with SU.

Also the Arrested Development reference was fantastic.

The schedule narrative is annoying. Yes we have our toughest games coming up, but we also play one of the more difficult unbalanced schedules in the league (Duke twice, Pitt twice). And you know if we drop a few down the stretch the talking heads are going to be saying that we're "limping" to the finish, rather than acknowledging that we're just playing really good teams on the road.
You really do worry too much.

I was surprised he said that Syracuse @ Pitt is THE game on Wednesday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom